Headphone issues

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Ok so I tried giving android one last shot and got the rezound. It's a great phone don't get me wrong , but with the beats headphones I get this horrible background and beeping noise in the left earbud. I tried turning off all the radios and even went to the Verizon store where they gave me a new Rezound. SAME problem after a day... And It's not software related because when I turn the phone off I still hear the noise.

Is this going to happen with every single HTC Rezound I get?should I keep trying to get a problemless one or just get a different phone now?

Weird. HTC had supposedly put a fix for this issue in their latest update... Not sure why yours keeps having it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Ok so I tried giving android one last shot and got the rezound. It's a great phone don't get me wrong , but with the beats headphones I get this horrible background and beeping noise in the left earbud. I tried turning off all the radios and even went to the Verizon store where they gave me a new Rezound. SAME problem after a day... And It's not software related because when I turn the phone off I still hear the noise.

Is this going to happen with every single HTC Rezound I get?should I keep trying to get a problemless one or just get a different phone now?

run the update! it will fix it

Problem Persists even after Update

run the update! it will fix it

I've had my Rezound since the first week of January and love the sound quality with the Beats Audio. I loaded an Equalizer app to tweak output on some tracks. My issue with noise started last week of March. The sound is intermittent and is only audible in the Left bud. Sounds like a mosquito. Volume of sound is independent of volume setting and is not so noticeable when volume is up. Most of the time it is only audible when listening to music while using other apps simultaneously; interference noise goes away when screen view is shut down. The after listening to music for several or tens of minutes, the interference noise is audible even with screen off. Also, load clicking is more pronounced in left earbud with changes of apps or receiving notifications of messages or emails.

As I said, problem surfaced late March, even after a successful update (ADR6425LVW_2.01.605.11-1.02.605.6) performed on 2/1/12.

I brought cell and buds to Verizon store but had problem reproducing problem on the spot.... maddening. Verizon store rep said to contact Monster anyway as they are the only ones who would replace the Beats buds.

Problem in my opinion is not the earbuds. I tried a regular set of earbuds; although the quality is much less, no interference noise is audible. My guess is the problem is in the phone's interaction with the special plug used for the track selection buttons on the cord. The plug has an extra contact for this function.

Thoughts??

Back