Help me get my Windows Mail!!!!

LoriB

Reaction score
I have a Windows live mail account (through my windows website)..it is NOT hotmail. How do I get my email on my Droid?? When trying to set it up, I chose POP Protocal (which I do not even know if this is correct..how do I find out what protocal I should be using?), I chose SSL Security because that is what is says on my mail login screen at the bottom. But Droid tells me this warning " CAnnot connect to the mail server to verify your account info. Your server is not responding." Maybe my popserver is wrong? I am not sure what I should be using there, either. This mail account is thru my website, which I mentioned, so the pop server is the name of my website....
Please help!!!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a Windows live mail account (through my windows website)..it is NOT hotmail. How do I get my email on my Droid?? When trying to set it up, I chose POP Protocal (which I do not even know if this is correct..how do I find out what protocal I should be using?), I chose SSL Security because that is what is says on my mail login screen at the bottom. But Droid tells me this warning " CAnnot connect to the mail server to verify your account info. Your server is not responding." Maybe my popserver is wrong? I am not sure what I should be using there, either. This mail account is thru my website, which I mentioned, so the pop server is the name of my website....
Please help!!!

First of all welcome to the forum, LoriB! This is the way I set up Hotmail, so try it and use your Windows Live address instead. Seems as though it should work... it's worth a shot anyway.

EMAIL SETUP for POP3 ACCOUNTS: Hotmail POP3 (non-root solution)
1. From the home screen, pull up the applications tab (at the bottom of the screen)
2. Touch Mail
3. Touch Manual Setup at the bottom left corner
4. In the incoming server settings, enter the details as follows:
Username: [email protected] (enter your complete hotmail address)
Password: enter your hotmail password
POP3 server: pop3.live.com
Port: 995
Security type: SSL
5. Touch Next to continue to SMTP Server Settings and enter the details as follows:
SMTP server: smtp.live.com
Port: 587
Security type: TLS (and check mark “Require sign-in”)
Username: [email protected] (enter your complete hotmail address again)
Password: enter your hotmail password again
6. Touch Next
7. Fill out your personal information (Name etc.)
(If you are having problems be sure that WiFi is turned OFF then try again
)

:welcome:

OP
L

LoriB

Reaction score
Success!

Success!!! It worked right away! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You are quite welcome - now we know it works for Windows Live as well! YAY!

:yahoo:

Tankadus

Reaction score
Setting up specialty windows live email

So I'm a student at Devry University and want to check my student email on my droid. Its provided by Windows Live...

So my email is [email protected]

(looks just like windows live mail and you have to log into it the same way)

I tried the stuff listed above but maybe I'm putting down the wrong pop3 address?

If you guys could help that would be awesome. Thanks

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I'm a student at Devry University and want to check my student email on my droid. Its provided by Windows Live...

So my email is [email protected]

(looks just like windows live mail and you have to log into it the same way)

I tried the stuff listed above but maybe I'm putting down the wrong pop3 address?

If you guys could help that would be awesome. Thanks

POP:
pop3.live.com

Security:
SSL

Port:

smtp:
smtp.live.com

Security:
TLS

Server port:

Havocide

Reaction score
DeVry University Email Android Setup Info

1. Choose mail provider "Windows Live Hotmail"

2. Choose "Manual setup"

Protocol: POP
Email Address: [email protected]
Username: "[email protected]"
Password: "Your password for your DeVry email login"
Server info: Server info is listed below.

Use these settings to access your DeVry e-mail using POP, IMAP, or SMTP.

POP settings "Incoming"

Server name: pod51009.outlook.com
Port: 995
Encryption method: SSL

IMAP settings

Port: 993
Encryption method: SSL

SMTP settings "Outgoing"

Port: 587
Encryption method: TLS

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Havocide

Reaction score
POP:
pop3.live.com

Security:
SSL

Port:

smtp:
smtp.live.com

Security:
TLS

Server port:

This information is incorrect for DeVry e-mail setup.. Please use the information in the post above as it has been tested and confirmed for DeVry University e-mail setup.

AZJim

Reaction score
Suggestion

Please help!!!

You should check with your internet provider for the correct Email server incoming/outgoing settings, then setup that account on your droid...hope this helps