Help resetting an Original Rooted Droid

jetman

Reaction score
I just got my new Nexus and tried resetting my rooted OG Droid back to stock to sell or give to a friend. I did the factory reset and now it reboots but can't get past the screen with the "Welcome to Droid touch the android to begin" It shows the green android and the finger moving towards it but it doesn't do anything when I touch the droid????? I tried the reboot while holding the volume up/D-pad up and it shows the boot loader screen but can't do anything to do anything. The boot loader screen shows "

Bootloader
2C.7C

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

The volume up/down or D-pad do nothing from this screen.
I rooted it well over a year ago and can't remember what to do now. Any help in getting it back to operable??

Last edited:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try flashing a rom over it in recovery. Wiping data and cache first of course.

Sometimes Factory reset kinda fubars a custom rom.

I personally would just wipe and flash a good froyo rom. explain to them that rooted with custom rom is better
posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

Last edited:
OP
J

jetman

Reaction score
It had the old Smoked Glass ROM on it but now after doing the "factory reset" it can't get past this boot loader screen. I don't remember how to do anything to get out of this screen I posted above. Can't I just put it back to stock somehow?

comk4ver

Reaction score
Only if you're willing to sbf back to stock... Unless you have a backup of your stock rom on the recovery

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
J

jetman

Reaction score
As I'm sure you can tell I am really a newb at rooting. I had a friend with a rooted Droid root my phone over a year ago. I didn't do the rot, I only watched. I don't even know what and "sbf" is. I just want to take it ack to stock for a friend in need of a phone. I already the the factory reset and now it will only load into the 2 screens I have posted above. If I do nothing on start up, it goes to the getting started screen but won't go past it for anything. If I do the volume up/D-pad up it loads to the boot loader screen I also posted above but can't get any of the menu lines to highlight. I'M LOST at what to do next..... It still has the old memory card with the stock backup along with the Titanium Backup and ROM Mgr. files but those programs are long gone after the "Factory Reset". I can't get it to load to do ANYTHING to.

I can't get the phone to do ANYTHING........ it's OFFICIALLY bricked. I just want to take it back to stock so someone can use it or it's going to have to hit the trash.

Last edited:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hold power and x on the keyboard while powering up.
That should bring u to the recovery. Its probably got clockworkmod recovery .. from the you should see a restore option navigate to it. Your original back should still be on your SD card.

OP
J

jetman

Reaction score
thaDroidz..... you are thaMAN!!!! the power/X is what I couldn't remember. That got me to the restore screen,

After a data/cache wipe I tried running the Clockwork System restore and it didn't work. Then I did a Clockwork Data restore and it loaded up an older backup and now it is back and running again still rooted with all of my old apps. How do I get rid of all of my personal stuff like G-mail, and contacts for re-use???? How do I delete my G-Mail account and preferably still keep the root.

THANKS tons for your help.

Last edited:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try going to system/ manage applications and clear data and cache for each app ..

OP
J

jetman

Reaction score
Try going to system/ manage applications and clear data and cache for each app ..

I can definitely do that but to what end? Should I try and do another factory reset again after clearing the data/cache?