Help - Rooted Droid Dillemma

Caligula2008

Reaction score
Basically, my little brother wanted me to change his ROM to a new one (trying to hold us over until we upgrade to the GNexus :),

I hadn't messed with his phone for months when I put Sourcery on his device. He still has SPRecovery. I wipe cache/data in recovery and go to apply the Rom and I get an SD Card error. Says it can't mount.

I reboot the phone thinking i'll just flash ClockWork with RomManager however since I wiped data and cache I no longer have the app and can't restore any apps because I no longer have a market app. I believe back when I flashed Sourcery I had to also flash some GApps zip, but I have no way to flash any roms OR nandroids because every time I try in SPRecovery I get an SD Card mounting issue.

Any Ideas? I'm getting kind of desperate here...

Greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks!

P.S. Not sure if this helps but I have another droid (mine) running MIUI.

Last edited:
OP
C

Caligula2008

Reaction score
I used the SDCard from my droid and SPRecovery worked. I restored a nandroid that I just created from my phone.... says it restores fine when I reboot it is stuck in the Motorola M symbol. Going to have to .sbf I guess?

OP
C

Caligula2008

Reaction score
Update: I think the problem was with the SD card being too full.

I managed to flash an .sbf, then re-root, and put Clockwork recovery and had the same SD card issue. I placed the rom on my sd card and flashed it from there. All works great now, just was a hassle and for a minute there had me worried.