HELP. Themes and SMS.

amandamcn

Reaction score
Hello! So I own a Samsung Fascinate, my system is fully updated and I just need some help with finding a theme and installing it. First, does anyone know where I can get a cute pink or purple theme that I don't have to have GoLauncher for? I don't really like the "GO" apps, I feel like they crowd my phone. And I can't find any decent themes in the Market. If someone knows where I can find good themes, or someone who makes them that would be awesome!! I'd also need help installing it. As a previous Blackberry owner I am kind of lost with the Android system.
My second question: Does anyone know if there is any way to change the color of your SMS bubbles, I know it is not in the regular Display Settings on the phone. So is there a decent and uncomplicated App that I can use to change the color of the bubbles instead of the standard blue and yellow?
Any help that anyone can give me would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks sooo much! :)

Vinnie981

Reaction score
Hello! So I own a Samsung Fascinate, my system is fully updated and I just need some help with finding a theme and installing it. First, does anyone know where I can get a cute pink or purple theme that I don't have to have GoLauncher for? I don't really like the "GO" apps, I feel like they crowd my phone. And I can't find any decent themes in the Market. If someone knows where I can find good themes, or someone who makes them that would be awesome!! I'd also need help installing it. As a previous Blackberry owner I am kind of lost with the Android system.
My second question: Does anyone know if there is any way to change the color of your SMS bubbles, I know it is not in the regular Display Settings on the phone. So is there a decent and uncomplicated App that I can use to change the color of the bubbles instead of the standard blue and yellow?
Any help that anyone can give me would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks sooo much! :)

Please give me the details of your phone....is it stock? Rooted? Custom Rom? CWR on it?

OP
amandamcn

amandamcn

Reaction score
Um I am guessing it is stock considering I have no idea what the other choices you gave me mean. If my phone was one of these other options would I be able to change the things I wanted to? Sorry, I honestly don't have a clue... if you could help me that would be wonderful.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Vinnie981

Reaction score
ok then im going with that your stock....it may be hard process for you to understand how to root your phone and all but if your up to it let me know....also if you could go into settings on your phone and then to about phone and let me know your Firmware version, baseband version, hernel version and build number that will help so i know what state your phone is in now

OP
amandamcn

amandamcn

Reaction score
Thanks so much for willing to help. What exactly dpes "rooting" mean? Anyhow, here is the information you asked for:
Hardware Version: I500.4
Firmware Version: 2.2.1
Baseband Version: S: I500.4V.ED04
Kernal Version: 2.6.32.9
Build Version: SCH-I500.ED04
If you have any helpful info that's great!! Thanks a lot :)!

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Thanks so much for willing to help. What exactly dpes "rooting" mean? Anyhow, here is the information you asked for:

Without root you can use a 3rd party sms app. I prefer Go SMS from the market. It is free and its themes are available for the layout and messaging windows.. I actually used a black background with black bubbles so there is just letter for both sent and received. Also follow instructions if needed, such as disabling the notifications on the stock messaging app.

COMROM 2.1
OTB 1.6 @1.5

Vinnie981

Reaction score

Without root you can use a 3rd party sms app. I prefer Go SMS from the market. It is free and its themes are available for the layout and messaging windows.. I actually used a black background with black bubbles so there is just letter for both sent and received. Also follow instructions if needed, such as disabling the notifications on the stock messaging app.

COMROM 2.1
OTB 1.6 @1.5

If you read her original post she clearly states she doesnt want to use go apps and such

OP
amandamcn

amandamcn

Reaction score
Yea, I tried that GO App, it's not for me! I'm very interested in rooting!

Vinnie981

Reaction score
ROOTING METHOD

Well, here is Odin: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?429fcpdtpckkcea download and install on your PC.

Once you have done that, download this: http://www.mediafire.com/file/06al8p...L-3-30-FIX.tar to your PC and remember where you put it. (This is your new phone recovery)

Nest download this and place it on your SD card
UKB 2.0 with OTB 1.5 Voodoo Kernel
md5: 5118f303b7b32c080c1a7331ca34b936

Once you have done all of that, power off your phone and take the battery out. Hold the volume down button and at the same time plug your phone into your PC. This should put you into download mode on the phone. Open odin on the PC and Hit the "PDA" button. ONLY THE PDA BUTTON FOR THIS!!! Then find the cwm 3-30-fix all tar and select it. Then hit start. When it finishes you will see a green "PASS", unplug the phone and put battery in. Hold down the volume up and down buttons and the power buttons ALL at the same time and hold them until you see the samsung symbol. Then navigate to wipe data/factory reset and hit the power button. This will wipe your data. Make sure to save your phone numbers first. Then go to install zip from SD card and then choose zip from SD card and then find community rom and then hit the power button. Let it flash and then hit the menu button and you will go back to the main cwm recovery menu. Select "reboot now". The phone will boot and you will be running rooted community rom with an undervolted kernel. ENJOY

Once you have this complete you can install this PINK THEME JUST FOR YOU BY GUNNERMIKE

snap20110625183327.png
snap20110625180913.png
snap20110625180908.png
snap20110625180817.png

snap20110625180852.png
snap20110625180831.png
snap20110625180824.png