Hide Alarm Icon

huelsebu

Reaction score
Is there any way to hide icons? I would love if I could hide the small alarm clock icon in the top right of my screen. I have one alarm set for every day M-F, another for every weekend, and both are on 24-7, so I don't really need that icon there (it's just taking up space). Besides, it shows the alarm time on the dock screen which I use every night anyway.

1.png

As you can see below, the dock screen shows the alarm time, so the icon up top is just wasting precious space

2.png

I know this isn't a big deal, and it's not really necessary (if even possible). But that's the thing I love about my Droid... that the customization options are endless!

OP
huelsebu

huelsebu

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea? I feel like I've heard of using metamorph themes to hide icons, is this possible?

mising

Reaction score
If you have Ninjamorph or metamorph, the file for the icon is
/system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/stat_notify_alarm.png
This morning I just changed my icon to the one you want to get rid of:)
With Ninjamorph (from Market well worth the couple dollars if you do any customizing), you can replace the icon with another, reboot, new icon. I will try this later today, but you may be able to replace it with a 1 pixel x 1 pixel .png so it would be virtually invisible. I don't know what would happen if you deleted the icon altogether though.
I will get back after playing around a bit...

OP
huelsebu

huelsebu

Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the reply. I've used metamorph a bunch of times, but never ninjamorph. I'll have to check it out...

Zac7

Reaction score
Anyone use ninjamorph and delete the alarm icon? suggesstions

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
or just download a different alarm app from the market and it shouldnt appear anymore