home button

crewcheifgtaa

Reaction score
having 2 issues at the moment... #1 the home button isn't working.. I can feel it vibrate but it doesn't return the screen.
#2 is the power/lock button does not lock the screen.. it sends it away but when recalled it wont go to lock screen.... Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

OP
C

crewcheifgtaa

Reaction score
no recent apps installed.. phone actually turned itself off then on again while sitting on armrest of vehicle.. then after that is when troubles started..

iiiwildfireiii

Reaction score
Mine just did the exact same thing! My power button works fine, but the Home and Search buttons vibrate and do NOTHING!

*edit* also, I just noticed that when i press and hold power to reboot, the airplane mode and other options are no longer available. Just the "power off" option. This is too strange.

OP
C

crewcheifgtaa

Reaction score
*edit* also said:
Mine had this issue as well..... did master reboot and all is well so far... had to refind and load apps..lost text messages...but phone is working!!!

Magdroid

Reaction score
you could try a battery pull as well.

Fixed mine when my droid powered down, and wouldn't turn back on.

wotexva99

Reaction score
Same problem here...power button will not lock(airplane mode not showing up)
Also my home and search buttons don't work, they vibrate just don work

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Folks,

When you encounter problems like this, the order of "fixes" is

(1) power cycle your phone, i.e. turn it off and back on.

(2) pull the battery.

(3) a factory reset.

(4) a trip to the Verizon store with a hardware problem.

It's probably fruitless to ask "what caused this" unless you can reproduce the problem repeatedly and reliably. In all likelihood the problem doesn't stem from a single application but from an interaction among the android o/s and several apps, including those that require periodic synching.

In such cases the o/s can become "confused" and when that happens, it usually has to be reloaded, an operation that (like a home computer) requires either rebooting (power cycling) or reloading from non-volatile memory (pulling the battery.) In rare cases, the o/s code may itself be "damaged," requiring a full factory reset. But that's rare.