Horrible battery and GPS since FDR and TiBu restore

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Like it says, wanted to do a FDR, backed up most apps I thought WOULDN'T affect battery or GPS, did the restore....sure enough, battery is 30% worse than before and it takes forever to lock onto GPS and 4G, when it used to go instantly.

Any way I can tell which apps are causing this problem? I notice WidgetLocker and Swipepad regularly force close, but I don't see how those could be affecting it...

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I remember Google used to automatically reinstall apps after a reset....at this point I'm ok with losing data, but I'd hate to go through and re-download every app I had. Any way to still do this? I know a lot of people hated it so they probably took it away...

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Just an update for the hell of it, I decided to just do another FDR, this time not restoring anything from Titanium, though Google did restore A FEW apps, not all.

Problem solved. So if this ever happens to you, I'm 97% the cause is somewhere along the way an app update caused a conflict with something else somewhere in the system and it all just falls apart from there. You can try and find the conflict yourself, or just reset.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Sorry I just noticed this thread ...good to see that FDR helped ..I know people hate to do it but sometimes that's the best way to go ...and I agree playstore is not great when restoring apps ...used to download your apps ..most except some free ones ..now you gotta pick and choose ..

M8 tap'd