How can I move photos from internal phone storage to PC?

speedycoche1

Reaction score
I posted this in the general tech issues section before I saw this incredible-specific forum. Maybe it would be better served here? Mods, feel free to merge as appropriate:

Hey, I know this is probably old hat for most of you, but I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle trying to transfer photos from my phone to my pc here, and it just doesn't seem it should be nearly this hard. I am plugged into a work computer with several network drives mapped (only would matter if the droid by default tries to use certain drive letters when it mounts? Don't know how this works?). Anyway, when I mount my droid, I only get 1 drive that comes up, and that drive is for the SD card. I cannot find a way to explore my phone through my PC.

The photos are stored on the phone rather than the sd card. I have changed the setting in the camera options, but that only seems to change things for new photos and it did not move the old ones over for me. Using Astro, I have tried to select the photos I want to move, but when I try to paste them into the appropriate folder on the sd card, it doesn't do anything. Is there something I am missing to be able to move photos from phone to sd card?

I have already spent over an hour trying to figure this out. I do not want to upload the photos to any kind of sharing website as they are of sensitive nature for work. Any ideas what I'm missing/doing wrong?

Thanks!

atthehop

Reaction score
Hook up the Dinc to the PC and mount it as a disk drive. Opwn my computer and look for a new drive letter and root around. When I do that I get two additional drives one for the internal card and one for the second SD card. Photos are usually in the dcim folder.

OP
S

speedycoche1

Reaction score
I only get 1 external drive on my PC when I mount my phone, and it is for the SD card, not the phone's internal memory.

How can I move the photos from the phone's internal memory to the sd card?

OP
S

speedycoche1

Reaction score
Nevermind, I found a work-around. I'm not sure why ASTRO won't allow me to move photos from the phone to sd card, but I was able to copy and paste them onto the sd card and then delete from phone. Thanks for the help!

JayCizzo

Reaction score
Probably something to do with Android and/or Sense not allowing a third party application to have read/write access to the internal memory. Nice job thinking outside the box for a woraround. :rockon: