How did I get SUPERSU on my Note 2?

dislikeatt

Reaction score
This sounds really strange - but my note 2 started having issues - could not call, people cannot hear me, internet would not connect - and most of those issues are when I am outdoors, indoors everything seems to function better (I am not talking about being connected to wifi, just that indoors I would get better reception than outdoors). Got the phone thru AT&T in Nov, never a problem with it until about a week ago. So I drove 60 miles to AT&T's device help center and was told the phone was locked because I had supposedly rooted the phone -and had supersu on it (or whatever it is called). Now I had no clue what this guy was talking about, who is supersu? And why was my phone blocked? He looked at me like I was some kind of a criminal.....but honestly I really dont know how that thing got on there!!!
He explained that Supersu is a program that will only install cabled thru a pc, it is not an app that you can get thru the Playstore, and that whomever installed it, knew fully what they were doing. And by doing so, I voided the warranty on the phone! I explained over and over again to them and their warranty dept, that it was not intentional and that I dont know what happened. I am livid because I honestly dont know what he is talking about, to the best of my knowledge I did NOT install this nor was the phone ever in someone's else's possession. What I do remember, is when I went to my daughter, WIFI would not connect to her router, so I tried to increase the WIFI signal with some apps and I wonder if by mistake I put that on there, which I doubt very much but that's all I can think about. Can hackers do this to someone's phone? Or could I have messed up an installed it by accident? AT&T is absolutely rigid in their approach to me, so this taught me not to use AT&T anymore - (10 yr customer!), their approach is not what I am looking for in a carrier, so I will be cancelling out my 2 cell phones with them. Can anyone shed some light on this? I dont dare to get another Note 2 because of all this.
Elsa

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+