How to access sd card

jwalz

Reaction score
I saved a webpage on my sd card but now I can't find it. How do I access the saved info on my sd card

OP
J

jwalz

Reaction score
That doesn't let me access the sd card though

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Go to the Market and download instal Astro File Manager - Free. It will allow you to see and access all folders and files on the SD card. If it is a file you saved from a webpage, it "should" be in the "Donload" folder.

Also, if you plug your phone into your PV via the USB cable, you can then pull down the Notification Bar and select USB Mass Storage device and access all the files on your SD Card on your PC....

"1) Connect the USB cable to the phone and PC...wait a few seconds...

2) That few seconds was to allow the SD card to "mount" if it needed to in order to be read by the PC. If it didnt "mount", then it more than likely is in "USB Charge Only Mode"..and we will address that next.

3) Now, reach up and "drag" down the Notification Bar Screen...anywhere in the middle of the bar will do and just "tap/drag" at the same time should work.

4) If it opened properly, you should now see "USB Connected"...tap it to bring up a pop-up window with 4 options. USB Mass Storage Mode, USB PC Mode, USB Charge Only Mode and Windows Media Sync Mode...we will be using USB Mass Storage mode, so tap it..

5) You may see in the Notification Bar an icon of an SD card doing a little "dance"..this is the SD card mounting again...its normal. Once it does it thing to completion, your PC is likely to open a folder showing more folders...this is the contents of your SD card. If it doesnt, we can do that manually by going to My Computer and click the "new" drive that has popped up...it should read as 16GB or so..."

OP
J

jwalz

Reaction score
Go to the Market and download instal Astro File Manager - Free. It will allow you to see and access all folders and files on the SD card. If it is a file you saved from a webpage, it "should" be in the "Donload" folder.

Also, if you plug your phone into your PV via the USB cable, you can then pull down the Notification Bar and select USB Mass Storage device and access all the files on your SD Card on your PC....

2) That few seconds was to allow the SD card to "mount" if it needed to in order to be read by the PC. If it didnt "mount", then it more than likely is in "USB Charge Only Mode"..and we will address that next.

3) Now, reach up and "drag" down the Notification Bar Screen...anywhere in the middle of the bar will do and just "tap/drag" at the same time should work.

4) If it opened properly, you should now see "USB Connected"...tap it to bring up a pop-up window with 4 options. USB Mass Storage Mode, USB PC Mode, USB Charge Only Mode and Windows Media Sync Mode...we will be using USB Mass Storage mode, so tap it..

5) You may see in the Notification Bar an icon of an SD card doing a little "dance"..this is the SD card mounting again...its normal. Once it does it thing to completion, your PC is likely to open a folder showing more folders...this is the contents of your SD card. If it doesnt, we can do that manually by going to My Computer and click the "new" drive that has popped up...it should read as 16GB or so..."

Ok I did download that astro file n still coukdnt find it ill try using the usb cable wen I get home didn't know it was such a pain. So instead of doin that how do I put a link on droid forums. Id have to save it from the internet n b able to pull it from somwhere to put on the forums....sry for the newby question

lb5107

Reaction score

I cannot access the card, and I am doing this exactly. When I select USB Mass Storage Mode it gives me an error "no memory card found" anyone know why? All the folders are there on the card when it is not connected.
Also when I have it plugged in to the pc, it doesn't show any of the folders but I tried to copy something onto it anyways and it tells me that it is read only.