How to get the Droid 2 to sync with Google Calendar

cindyinva

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to get my Droid 2 to sync with the google calendar that is associated with the gmail account that I i use for email? I went through the process of sending the mobile notification, etc. on the google website but it still won't sync (or even let me add the calendar).

I have read a bunch of complicated posts from a year or so ago about creating a "dummy account" and restoring the phone to it's factory settings, but I would rather not do that.

Any help would be appreciated. The phone is brand new. Just got it on Tuesday.

OP
C

cindyinva

Reaction score
I found this answer, which didn't involve going back to the factory settings so I tried it and it worked like a charm. Wanted to pass this along in case others were having the same issue.

-----------------------

1. Have another Google account ready to use as a “dummy account” to be added to the device. Use a friend’s or create one.

2. Add the new account under Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account.

3. The Sync Contacts, Sync Gmail and Sync Calendar options should now appear under both accounts. Let the Droid 2 sit for about 5 minutes.

4. Delete the “dummy account” by tapping it on the Accounts & sync screen and selecting Remove account.

Your Google Calendar should now be synced with your original account on the Phone

biknut1

Reaction score
Gmail sync

I found this answer, which didn't involve going back to the factory settings so I tried it and it worked like a charm. Wanted to pass this along in case others were having the same issue.

I never did have to do all that. I have reflashed my phone so many times that I don't remember for sure what all I have done to it. But I know that after downloading the gmail app again (after flashing) mine works just fine. You shouldn't have to do all of that.

I'm sure you have tried to go into Settings>Accounts>Add? Don't see why that wouldn't get you there.