How to set a picture to your background

Victhechiliman

Reaction score
Okay, did it, got it on wallpaper but it is pixilated like a mother! Honest to goodness crap. Any thoughts?

Bad_Boy

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Even using 1600x1200 pictures cropped as far as the orange box will stretch seem pixelated.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm having the same issue. Even using 1600x1200 pictures cropped as far as the orange box will stretch seem pixelated.

Not seeing what you are....anyway you can do a screen shot ?

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Wide image

What I've found is that IF the image is wide enough, and unique I get the benefit of having the screen to the left of home as uniquely looking at the leftmost portion of my image and same for home and right. Follow me ?

Ends up being a neat effect. I like it.

I understand that 2.1 is rumored to have the tile tool at the bottom to aid the user with knowing what home page they are on. I like what I've got going with this effect. The image is of earth and space and if I'm on the leftmost screen I can immediately tell as the image is different from that of the home view or the right screen.

peace,

OP
meh8036

meh8036

Reaction score
when i set a pic as a wall paper it is huge and rediculously zoomed in... is there a way to fix it so it looks better and fits better?

Ya I resized it on my computer and it still shows up huge :( SOMEONE HELP :(

I am having the same exact problem and my photo is sized far less than 900 pixels... When I go to the gallery and select the photo I want to use as my wallpaper, it makes me crop it. I don't want to crop the photo, but would rather it be my background just the way it is, rather than making it extremely large and zoomed in. Please help!

I'm having that same problem, anyone know how to fix it?

Ok I'm having the same problem I have picsay and photoshop mobile I have tried resizing the picture saving it and applying it as wall paper and it just looks more pixelated... anyone have any other ideas?? I have also tried cropping different sizes and importing pictures from my old storm which had a 3 mp camera, and the photo is still huge! Idea for an app possibly?? Just import ur pic to it and u can find perfect size and crop to ur perfect size??? Lol idk some help please :(

Okay, did it, got it on wallpaper but it is pixilated like a mother! Honest to goodness crap. Any thoughts?

Sorry guys I've been busy for a while... but a couple things to hopefully clear this up

1) Make sure that when you are setting the picture as your wallpaper you are stretching the orange box around the pic all the way out... if you don't the wallpaper will center on a smaller portion of the picture making it look all zoomed in and pixelated

2) If you are making your own pictures.... having the correct size is only half of making a good picture. You have to also make sure that you have a good resolution. The more pixels per inch you have the sharper the image will be. I try to make mine at least 150 ppi. By default Photoshop sets it at 72 ppi... so change that and see if it helps.

I hope that this helped clear up some of the questions on here. If not you can always pm me or email me @ meh8036@gmail

drmcstford

Reaction score
I'm making sure its all around the picture but its still coming out zoomed in :mad: help please :(

bdawson21

Reaction score
Yeah be sure to stretch the cropping square. Use ur finger on the corner and drag it bigger. shouldnt be so pixelated and crappy looking then. Assuming the source image is big enough.

Also, shrinking the cropping square you can zoom in on a particular part of it if you are so inclined.

jeannie

Reaction score
Here are the steps to set a picture from this site to the background of your Droid... Hope this clears some confusions up...

1. go to the picture on your phone
2. press on the pic and choose save
3. find and open picture on your phone
4. press "set as" near the top of your screen
5. select wallpaper
6. resize the orange box so that it covers the whole picture
7. set it
8. all done :)

:icon_ banana:

I am embarrassed to even ask this question so I apologize upfront for this question...but I did step one but do not know how to save it in step 2.

I just got this phone today but I have to admit - I'm not exactly a gadget person.

Please help! :)

shirrapop

Reaction score
Contact Displays

The display for your contacts is black with fonts in white...anyway to change that?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

-s

Phixyrsion

Reaction score
This worked for me:
1. Make the desired picture 960px wide by 854px tall.
2. Plug Droid into USB. It should show up as a Removable Disk.
3. Go into DCIM, create new folder 101WALLPAPER
4. Save all desired wallpapers there.
5. Make sure you stretch out the orange box when setting your wallpaper.

For those who wish to set wallpapers from a PC.