HTC batterylife

Z00Z

Reaction score
hello everyone,
the issue with my M8 is that something called "android core apps" drains a lot of battery and data.
I tried restricting background data, but the " android core apps " come again to drain a lot from the battery when on wifi.
Anw i am sure restricting background data is not a solution.
Attached are the different apps within the " android core apps "
Screenshot_2014-06-27-12-01-58.png
Help anyone??

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I can't even find that one on my phone ..I'm wondering if you have some sync going on in the background..it looks to be contacts and storage ..possible cloud sync ..is it running when you look at apps running tab under task

M8 tap'd

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not seeing good battery life at all. I bought my girlfriend this HTC One M8 (because she thought it was "pretty") and I chose for myself the Galaxy S5. Today both our phones have been off overnight charger for 8 hours. Her M8 has only been used to make 2 phone calls of about 5 minutes each, with no other use, and is at 51% charge left, which is terrible battery life for no more than it was used. My S5 has 83% left and I've been using it off and on all day.

The usage is;
60% Android System
20% Google Play Services
15% Dialer
1% No LED app

We are so disappointed with the battery life on this phone that I would take it back to Verizon and switch it out for another Galaxy S5, except we are past the 14 day return policy. A person should not have to reboot, clear cache, etc. to get decent battery life from a brand new phone.

So, that's MY experience with the HTC One M8 battery life....

hello everyone,
the issue with my M8 is that something called "android core apps" drains a lot of battery and data.
I tried restricting background data, but the " android core apps " come again to drain a lot from the battery when on wifi.
Anw i am sure restricting background data is not a solution.
Attached are the different apps within the " android core apps "
View attachment 72039
Help anyone??

Take a look at Watch Dog Lite on the Play store. I use it when things go abnormal for finding the source of what's running when I don't want it to.
It's free and can be set up to alert when cpu usage goes awry as well as manually checking for rogue apps
I can say , from experience, leaving Google location service on when not in use has had adverse battery life effects on every device I've got since Jelly Bean first pushed out, with or without standalone GPS on.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Z00Z

Reaction score
thx for the reply
I understand contacts can sync. but how storage sync? and how to disable it?
another question. If i am using a microSD memory that might have an error in it, would that be a cause??
I can't even find that one on my phone ..I'm wondering if you have some sync going on in the background..it looks to be contacts and storage ..possible cloud sync ..is it running when you look at apps running tab under task

M8 tap'd