htc weather

topaz330

Reaction score
can anyone get this to recognize their location? first i have a problem with the weather app, it shows NY but when i try to input any city in NJ none show up. next is the weather widget under the clock, i click it to show my location but it doesn't show. all it says is "my location" anyone have this prob?

merc98

Reaction score
I see it a bit, but it just takes it a minute to update. Make sure you have GPS location detection enabled.

OP
T

topaz330

Reaction score
i do, it just won't recognize my location for some reason...

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
mine works just fine.....

Do you live in a major city in NorCal like Sacramento or San Francisco? If so thats probably why because it will find major cities on the list but not smaller ones.

R1Lover

Reaction score
mine works just fine.....

Do you live in a major city in NorCal like Sacramento or San Francisco? If so thats probably why because it will find major cities on the list but not smaller ones.

No, it's a smaller city (yuba city) about 50k people lol

make sure to turn on gps...... when searching for a city to add to weather it will not find non major cities.. but if you are there it will add them via gps.

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
I live in Phoenix (actually Gilbert) but my issue is that my clock is not keeping up with the time. I have tried several different roms and I still have the same issue. could this be a problem with the weather not updating?

OP
T

topaz330

Reaction score
I live in Phoenix (actually Gilbert) but my issue is that my clock is not keeping up with the time. I have tried several different roms and I still have the same issue. could this be a problem with the weather not updating?

Your using the sense clock widget on the incredible or the one with weather widgets or BW from the market?

btw- woke up this morning and its working! lol don't know what happened but alls well now

bcrigler

Reaction score
Check your location settings. Mine was only working when I manually refreshed my location until I enabled the app location setting which is disabled by default. This is disabled because to enable it you have to accept the Terms and Conditions.

alphabravo

Reaction score
the stock weather app will show the name of my small town when it is my "current location" but it will not find it if i want to search and add it as one of my permanent saved locations. hopefully that will be corrected in an update.