Ibolt Car Dock ~ no power?

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I own the Ibolt car dock for my S3 and was happy to see my S4 fits even better in it! Plug it in and NOTHING......:mad: wondering why? I figured the power wiring would be the same but I guess not, any suggestions?

BillyT

Reaction score
I just picked one up on special, but was figuring on using a separate cord to power it anyway, because I want to power it off the other side.

OP
Pjohn91

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I just picked one up on special, but was figuring on using a separate cord to power it anyway, because I want to power it off the other side.

I may have to do the same thing. you will find though if you flip the phone over you are going to be hiding your volume buttons

BillyT

Reaction score
I may have to do the same thing. you will find though if you flip the phone over you are going to be hiding your volume buttons
Good point. My phone connects to the car stereo via BT, so I'm not worried about the volume buttons

themuttt

Reaction score
my iBolt dock is working and is the same one I bought for the wife's S3. Since mine connects to a BT head unit, I ditched the USB/Aux cable and just use a normal car charging cable

OP
Pjohn91

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Well it looks as if the car dock is defective....this is irritating. I have had the dock for about 3-4 months now and since then one of the tabs on the ball mount broke off making it unusable in my car. Needing something for my motorcycle, I modified the back of the mount to work(which it does very well btw) with my ram mount making it very un-returnable I'm sure. Now the power is screwing up.....well i guess I will have to figure something else out cause I won't be spending another 50 bucks on that again. I wonder if there is a Ibolt rep on this forum?

iBOLT

Reaction score
I own the Ibolt car dock for my S3 and was happy to see my S4 fits even better in it! Plug it in and NOTHING......:mad: wondering why? I figured the power wiring would be the same but I guess not, any suggestions?

Pjohn91, unfortunately there's nothing wrong with your iBOLT car-dock. The issue is that from the launch of the Note II Samsung no longer supports the "car-mode", this includes the S4 too. The original S3 car-dock that you have was built according to the Android specifications for car-mode and we triggered this via the microUSB, just like Samsung's OEM products. There's plenty of threads covering this, just type in "iBOLT Jellybean problems". For anyone buying the S4 or the Note their "old" car-mode Dock will not work, this apply to any brand and model. We are offering the same car-dock as the one you have with updated electronics inside, see iBolt.co - Stay connected with your world.. In this updated model we are trigger the "DockMode", which is technically different then car-mode but it does the same thing (aux-out, launching Dock'n Drive App, CarHome Ultra, Ulysse Speedomter etc.). We are very sorry for your experience but there's nothing we can do. We will soon make the 9ft cable available as a standalone item and you will be able to buy this cable and plug directly into your "old" car-dock and have the same functionality.

OP
Pjohn91

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I understand it not triggering car mode and that is fine... The problem is it is not charging. The light (led) is on but it will not charge. If you have updated the dock to work better that is great but the physical breakage under normal use is why I won't purchase another. I suppose if someone was to mount the dock and rarely move or loosen and tighten the ball and socket it would last longer but unfortunately I move between several cars and am constantly readjusting the position. I really did like the mount, i just wish it was more durable.