ICS for Droid 4

UH1RotorMech

Reaction score
I know I might be beating a really dead horse but has ANYONE heard ICS will be released for the Droid 4???? Why should the freaking RAZR have all the fun?!

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

huskur

Reaction score
Well.....to sum it up....here is my opinion. The OG Nexus and D1 started this huge mass of followers of the Android smartphone world. To me it has revolutionized the smartphone community. Apple has always had the iphone while the Blackberry has always been there for the businesses and business type users. In comes Android.......A monsterous explosion of phones made by many manufacturers came about. Moto, Samsung, LG, Google, ect......The D4 was meant to grab the followers of the D1. That hasn't happened due to the magnitude of phones out thus the D4 is left reeling. I do not think it will be left out of ICS, I just think its not a top priority phone. Don't worry it will come to the D4.

I was one that loved the idea of the D4. I had it for a couple of days. I just couldn't handle the battery life. Smart actions or not. I really didn't have a use for them since I need data 24 hours a day. All i ask of a phone is to get me through the day with moderate use. At most I would get 7 hours off a charge. If there were a D4 Maxx I would still have it. 50-100 emails per day along with 100-200 texts daily (sometimes more) and using the phone for what it meant for meaning the use of internet, pandora, camera..ect... it just couldn't handle it.

I know....enough rambling. Just have patience. It will come.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
UH1RotorMech;[URL="tel:2069642" said:
2069642[/URL]]I know I might be beating a really dead horse but has ANYONE heard ICS will be released for the Droid 4???? Why should the freaking RAZR have all the fun?!

i agree with huskur u also have to realize that moto released 4 phones within 5 months which is ridiculous an was a very stupid thing to do cuz 1 ICS was released right in the middle of the releases. 2 because they released 4 phones in such a short amount of time they have to work double time to fix the bugs that show up for 4 devices instead of 1 to 2 devices. 3 on top of the bug fixes they have to make ICS work on all 4 devices before Q3 an if they dont they will say goodbye to alot of moto customers not that they havent already (ehmm bionic fiasco). so yeah they open up a can of sh** with these releases just be happy ur not a bionic owner cuz these releases really screwed over the bionic community an moto needs to make right what they did to the bionic community cuz 1 the bugs are still there with some of the phones an all the devs have left the bionic except a couple of devs (thank god for there loyalty) are still there

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I don't think it will be long after the official ics for the razr has dropped b4 we see it on the d4. The hardware is almost identical aside from the screen and the keyboard. Once the razr and maxx are out of the way I think the d4 will be next. Just my opinion, or hopes not sure which. But as long as I have gummy I am good to go.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

OP
U

UH1RotorMech

Reaction score
Thanks! Wow I'm surprised the battery didn't do it for you... I am on this thing ALL day long with everything from Pandora, 300+ texts, 300+emails, and a few videos and I get a good 8-9 hours out of it... haven't had any battery issues yet!

r314bd

Reaction score
Thanks! Wow I'm surprised the battery didn't do it for you... I am on this thing ALL day long with everything from Pandora, 300+ texts, 300+emails, and a few videos and I get a good 8-9 hours out of it... haven't had any battery issues yet!
x2. The overwhelming majority of reports indicate that the D4 actually has pretty decent battery life. My battery life on the D4 is amazing, but I've rooted/frozen bloatware/installed an ad blocker and I'm only a light-moderate user so I can't speak for everyone.

renholder

Reaction score
I had to replace my D4 because of a defective microphone. Both the old and the new one have managed 24hrs per charge quite consistently. I don't know how you guys are draining these things in 8 hours... I didn't root either, don't use smart actions...

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
None of the responses in this thread have anything to do with the ICS OTA.. :icon_evil:

Reaction score
because there is no ETA for the ICS OTA... we just have to kick back and relax... or root and rom :D