ICS Love for the Stratosphere

neoj2

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Strat is getting ICS? Its not a dual core phone as I read somewhere that it must be to run ICS.

akhi216

Reaction score
Having a dual-core processor isn't a prerequisite of being able to get ICS as plenty of phones that don't have dual-core processors will get it. Sony Ericsson announced that their entire 2011 Xperia line (which includes the Xperia Play) will recieve ICS.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Granted, I don't know if ALL droid phones could handle ICS. Seeing as the OG droid needs a good deal of advanced memory tweaks/hacks to run GingerBread effectively, I think its safe to assume that older and slower phones won't be able to handle it.

I'm going to bet my money that a great majority of '2nd gen' android phones will get ICS, eventually. And probably none of the earlier, less capable smartphones will.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
Granted, I don't know if ALL droid phones could handle ICS. Seeing as the OG droid needs a good deal of advanced memory tweaks/hacks to run GingerBread effectively, I think its safe to assume that older and slower phones won't be able to handle it.

I'm going to bet my money that a great majority of '2nd gen' android phones will get ICS, eventually. And probably none of the earlier, less capable smartphones will.

It could run it, but considering Samsung's android OS update history on past devices, I just don't have and hope for it... I've got the Samsung Charge, and still no gingerbread love from Samsung, and that was on Verizon's flagship device.

nbucko

Reaction score
Seeing as how this is a mid range phone I would be surprised if they (Samsung) would give it ICS. However, if sales go well for the stratosphere and it is capable of running it well with touchwiz they may surprise me.

akhi216

Reaction score
Seeing as how this is a mid range phone I would be surprised if they (Samsung) would give it ICS. However, if sales go well for the stratosphere and it is capable of running it well with touchwiz they may surprise me.

This.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Even if Samsung doesn't bring ICS to the Stratosphere I'd have to imagine sooner or later we'll get it from the ROM devs. Keep in mind that the original Droid never got Gingerbread officially yet there's multiple ROMs out running it.

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
The Samsung Epic (basically the same phone AFAIK) has an ICS ROM being worked on so once that's developed I can't imagine it would be super difficult to port it.