In need of an app that will allow me to CREATE FILE FOLDERS & SUB-FOLDERS

fbgsxr

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2, I love it so far. I do need help with locating an application, I have searched high an low. Do you know of an application that will:

1. Allow me to create and name a new file folder.
2. Once main heading of the file folder is created, allow me to create sub-folders with appropriate headings.
3. Once these sub file folders are created then allow me to put personal information in that made folder.

Very similar to how my P.C stores files under the my computer stores files

Here is an example:
I want to create a folder for NYC
Under NYC folder I create a sub-folders called:

Manhattan
Brooklyn
Queens
Bronx

Now I want to select the Manhattan sub-file folder and create another folder called

Bike shops
Restaurants
Hotels

Now be able to open the Bike shop file folder and input pertinent information: Bike shop name, phone number, location, owners name, favorite food to order, type of ambiance...etc.

Is there any application that will do this....PLEASE help :(

Thanks!

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a Droid 2, I love it so far. I do need help with locating an application, I have searched high an low. Do you know of an application that will:

1. Allow me to create and name a new file folder.
2. Once main heading of the file folder is created, allow me to create sub-folders with appropriate headings.
3. Once these sub file folders are created then allow me to put personal information in that made folder.

Very similar to how my P.C stores files under the my computer stores files

Here is an example:
I want to create a folder for NYC
Under NYC folder I create a sub-folders called:

Manhattan
Brooklyn
Queens
Bronx

Now I want to select the Manhattan sub-file folder and create another folder called

Bike shops
Restaurants
Hotels

Now be able to open the Bike shop file folder and input pertinent information: Bike shop name, phone number, location, owners name, favorite food to order, type of ambiance...etc.

Is there any application that will do this....PLEASE help :(

Thanks!

I just long pressed on an open spot on one of my screens and was able to create new folder. I opened it and pressed on the name and changed it to New York. I then created another folder and dragged it into the New York folder. I don't know of an app, but you can do it all from the screen with long presses, etc. and you can create documents with the info you need and put them in the folders. Good luck

hobby31

Reaction score
If you want to create folders on your sdcard, you can try Astro File manager in the market. You can create folders, subfolders, delete files on the sdcard as well as install apk files with it. You can also backup your apps with it.

If you got a Droid 2 it should come with a program called "files". I have a droid x and it came with a program called "files". It does allow you to create folders. Just press the menu key. I don't think it is as good as astro but it is on the phone already.

Last edited:

pool_shark

Reaction score
You can also do this on the SD card with the files app that comes with the Droid.

OP
F

fbgsxr

Reaction score
thanks

thanks for the reply's. I am gonna chk out all the reccomendations. thx

feyvorite

Reaction score
You can create folders on your SD Card, but AFAIK you cannot create a folder on the phone itself (without having rooted it).
That is a bummer, because I would like to utilize more of my 8GB phone space on my Droid 2.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can create folders on your SD Card, but AFAIK you cannot create a folder on the phone itself (without having rooted it).
That is a bummer, because I would like to utilize more of my 8GB phone space on my Droid 2.

With that much space you will be utilizing it in the form of app memory.

I use Linda File Manager and I can get into my phone and make additional folders on the phone itself. This is on the Droid, I'm quite certain you can do it with the Droid 2 as well.

I really like Linda File Manager, I prefer it over Astro.

feyvorite

Reaction score

With that much space you will be utilizing it in the form of app memory.

I use Linda File Manager and I can get into my phone and make additional folders on the phone itself. This is on the Droid, I'm quite certain you can do it with the Droid 2 as well.

I really like Linda File Manager, I prefer it over Astro.

I have too many apps to count and have only used 9% of memory on the 8GB of the Droid 2. Linda could not create a folder on the Droid 2. (Could on the SD). I'd like to create a video folder or a music folder and store some multimedia (without rooting).