Is there an app that can properly backup/restore texts?

audioman42

Reaction score
Ever since I updated to gingerbread, the messages that I restore show the date/time that they were restored & not the date/time that they were sent/received. I'm currently using SMS Backup & Restore.. has anyone had any luck with another app?

Thanks

dazedy

Reaction score
Gosms

I personally use GOSMS Pro. This is a whole SMS app, though. It will backup all of your SMS and settings. I prefer this over the default messaging app. If you are using the default app, check out SMS Backup & Restore - Android Stuff

chesterv

Reaction score
I use "my backup " I believe it leaves the date and time in place. You can either back it up online or to your SD card.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
audioman42

audioman42

Reaction score
I use "my backup " I believe it leaves the date and time in place. You can either back it up online or to your SD card.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I just gave that one a try, & it has the same issues. Any other recommendations?

Thanks

billyfj

Reaction score
I use backup to gmail. It works great and keeps date and time on the msg and it backs it up to your gmail and you can print them from there also.

Reaction score
The issue you described is motorolas fault. They have a bug in their firmware that apparently they didn't fix in the gingerbread update. Motorola is a little mentally challenged sometimes.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't think of why I would want to save my sms messages. When there is an important message, ill lock to prevent it being erased, but i never understood why anyone would want to hold on to hundreds of messages.
Anyway, go sms has a great backup feature.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Tone_Capone

Reaction score
I can't think of why I would want to save my sms messages. When there is an important message, ill lock to prevent it being erased, but i never understood why anyone would want to hold on to hundreds of messages.
Anyway, go sms has a great backup feature.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Agreed. I used to backup and restore sms messages but i noticed after using my backup pro I could not delete conversations out of my phone. So now I just clear all of them using history eraser and have no idea why i saved everything in the past...