Jellybean killed my bluetooth audio......

Zippster

Reaction score
So I get the jellybean update last week on my razr, all seemed and looked ok...until I got into my truck and tried to play Tunein over my radio, it shows that my phone is connected and tunein is playing on my phone, just no audio over the system, at least the phone still works over it though. Found a few other places where people had the same issue and got no resolve.

Anyone here have this problem?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you tried setting up the BT connection again?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Yes, paired, unpaired. Cleared BT cache, even partions. Reboots etc.

Dumb question but is your volume up? I've found that sometimes when I pair a new device the volume is set to zero.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
Dumb question but is your volume up? I've found that sometimes when I pair a new device the volume is set to zero.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Yep, first thing I checked before even unpairing the first time.

wcjeep

Reaction score
It's paired and connected. Does the phone indicate BT audio and media? Media must be checked for streaming to work.

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
I also see now it doesnt want to connect to my wifi network anymore, gotta love quality "updates". I also see the company line on that is, they no longer support certain router models and standards, hey Verizon, its your router.

Anyone have a pointer to a root or rollback to ICS? Funny how everything worked perfectly before this POS JB.

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
So after visit to VZW store, their step 1 is to replace the phone....new one coming tomorrow.

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
So after a couple hard resets and just messing around, for some reason I played a song ringtone on the phone, then tried the audio on the bluetooth again and it worked, the ringtone name is listed on the trucks screen though, lol. After getting back in today, no sound again, did same thing and worked again. At least a work around for anyone who is having this issue.
Now to figure out the wi fi.

uzb

Reaction score
I also had this problem. Most of the time this problem occurs when you have app named Text Plus , just delete the app or if you want to keep it, go the the Text Plus settings and uncheck "enable incoming calls" .
hope it will fix your problem.

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
Sorry didnt have or use that app ever. It was indeed a known issue with Jellybean and the Razr phone, also issue with Bionics too.