Keyboard turned midget on me!

erfoster

Somehow or other, all my keys suddenly got miniature lettering on them. I can't think of any changes I may have made , but I've torn through every setting I can find, and nothing seems to change it. I've also tried installing 3 different keyboards, and they all have the mini letters now (with the exception of the shift key, delete key, space key, and numbers/settings key).

This occured not too long after upgrading to the latest version of Ultimate Droid, but the keyboard looked normal for some time after the install. I definitely don't think it's directly related to the upgrade, although I suppose its entirely possible something happened while apps were being restored. At any rate, is there a setting I'm overlooking for this?

Rooted Droid 1
Ultimate Droid 2.1
Android 2.2.1

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Kind of just skimmed that message cause i'm exhausted and i've been reading economics for hours but i didn't see anything in there about u restarting ur phone. If that's there ignore my post ha anyway...
My phone likes to turn the beautiful widgets clock mini sometimes and a simple restart always fixes it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
E

erfoster

I should have mentioned that, it's been restarted a few times now. I just found a new version of UD is out as of yesterday, so I'm making a quick backup, then I'm going to try switching over and hope that fixes it.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Hopefully let me know how that goes and if not I'll come up with some suggestions to fix ur problem for u

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

reebz

I've also got a rooted Droid, UD2.3 and have the same problem. I can't capitalize any letters no matter what keyboard I use, Android or HTC Ime. I've looked through settings and can't figure it out. I thought it might be a different font I used and switched back to UD font, but still no go. I have rebooted a few times.

UPDATE- I just installed stock font for UD and I can now capitalize letters

Last edited:
OP
E

erfoster

Alright, heres the update. I installed UD2.3, and all was well in the world, my keyboard was back to normal. After some messing around (including installing the D2 multi touch kb), it shrunk on me again. I didnt mess around narrowing the exact cause down, but installed a D2 standard kb, and everything is back to normal again. Ill update in a moment with a link to the files in case anyone else needs them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk