Kraken Case picture issues

AlabamaMT

Reaction score
Hi! I am new to the board so I hope this gets posted correctly and in the right place!!!

I just bought a Droid X and just ordered the Kraken case to go on it. I received it and LOVE the case but only one issue I have. I need to see if anyone can give me some advice on this. On the part over the camera eye/flash, the Kraken comes with a little plastic piece you put on the inside of the case to seal that hole. I do not want to remove it because then you have an open spot for dust, etc to get in which defeats the purpose. This thing makes my pictures so blurry until it is pathetic. I took a few pictures before I put the Kraken case on there and they were as clear as they could be. I would rather not even take a picture......they look horrible. I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and can shed any light on the situation. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks! :greendroid:

magman

Reaction score
Some ppl have put a peace of electrical tape in-between the sensor and the flash led so it so t blur hope that helps

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

magman

Reaction score
Forgot to add the tape goes I side the case it will keep the flash from bouncing off the protective film and back into the sensor

OP
AlabamaMT

AlabamaMT

Reaction score
Another question please

Got another question if you don't mind answering. If you turn the flash off, then the picture should be plain right? I have turned my flash off and the pictures are still blurry. If I take my cover off and then take a picture it is plain again. I just did it a few minutes ago to make sure. I did it inside and outside the house in the light so I had plenty of light. I turned the flash off in the settings.

Thanks for you advice!

magman

Reaction score
Well that is odd is there a smudge on the protector or if u hold the peace up to light does it look hazy

OP
AlabamaMT

AlabamaMT

Reaction score
Hazy

I have made sure it was clean and no smudges inside and out. If you hold it up to the light, it does look hazy though. It has been this way since I ordered it.

magman

Reaction score
I'd call them and tell the to send u a new cover since that one is hazy I bet that will help alot

OP
AlabamaMT

AlabamaMT

Reaction score
Thanks

Ok, thanks. I had in mind that I needed to contact them. I will see if they will send another one.

jstroebel

Reaction score
I recently replaced my Droid X with a Droid X2. I had a Kraken case which I was using with the Droid X which was supposed to also work with the X2. I now have two problems which will lead me to get rid of either the phone or the case. One is a variant of the picture problem referred to in this post. My Kraken case has no film over either the lens hole or the flash, but something about the case is affecting picture quality when pictures are taken with a flash (non-flash pictures turn out OK). When pictures are taken with the flash, the picture lose clarity and get a very yellow tinge. These undesirable effects go away when the case is removed. I have tried inserting a thin piece of electrical tape between the flash and the lens (as suggested in a post), but this does not help.
Second problem is another one referred to in threads. The case interferes with the proximity sensor when you are making calls so the phone thinks that you have the phone against your ear and the screen goes black. This makes it virtually impossible to use voice mail or any other service where you are required to input numbers from a key pad. Other posts have mentioned using the speaker phone to make these calls (then proximity sensor is disabled), but I don't find any way to activate the speaker phone before you hit the dial key, and I am only successful about 40% of the time in activating the speaker before the screen goes dark.
Does anyone have a solution to these problems that works (if so, please be specific about the cure so I can attempt to implement. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will be raising these concerns with the Trident Kraken manufacturer and I will post again if they have a solution.
Thanks to all.

fisterkev

Reaction score
I have the same issue with the camera when using flash, but without the flash the pics are fine. I like the Kraken, but between the camera issue and the fact that it's just a little too big to easily slide in and out of the pocket I think I'll be replacing it.

jstroebel

Reaction score
Problems with Kraken Case Unresolved

I have heard nothing back from the Kraken people in response to the complaints I posted about the interference of the Kraken case with the Droid 2X phone. From this lack of response, I assume that they have no solution to the problem (interference of case with flash pictures and proximity sensor which means that you cannot see the screen when making a telephone call). These two issues mean that you have to remove your case (not easy) when taking flash pictures or when making a phone call (you cannot even hang up the phone when a call is completed--you must wait for the other party to disconnect before you can see your screen again).

These problems, in my view, make the case simply unusable--so I am removing it permanently and going back to the simply open-faced plastic shell that Verizon sold me with my original Droid X.