Latest Weatherbug Elite Update - black text

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Evidently the latest weatherbug update caused all of the notification text (not the bar, but in the dropdown) to stay black, no matter what color is chosen in settings. Anybody else seeing this?

I'm trying to figure out how to change that in the .apk, but still learning (if anybody has any tips!).

Reaction score
Yeah mines the same way, figured id deal with it until someone figures something out.

If i want the temp i just look at the top of my notification bar since that still is white, if i want anything else i actually open the app up

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had the same thought, but the anal side of me is bothered by the wasted space and the black text I can't read in the dropdown... I'll likely end up just dealing as well

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well this was kinda nice, didn't expect such a quick personal response from a bigger group like this... I emailed the developer to just let them know and got this response:

Hi,

We added a custom notification that shows you more data in your notification area, but I guess we didn't realize that our text color would be invisible on a black themed background. Prior to this, we were using a standard way of displaying the text and the system would change to the appropriate text color for the theme, I'm guessing. What theme are you using?

I'll enter this into our bug database and see if we can't get it fixed for you.

Thanks for the bug report,

Alex

WeatherBug

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this has been a nag for me too, glad to see it wasn't just me and that the developer is adding it to their bug/feature list.

tjkriegel

Reaction score
There are 2 folders in the apk, v3 and v4 containing xmls called notification_expanded_layout which have the color set to black instead of the system setting but I can't figure out where the color code is in hex to change it.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
it appears they fixed it in a recent update - i'm running sapphire 1.0 with roberj's alternate dark theme, changed all of the text to white, and it applied to weatherbug as well... big props to weatherbug for listening to the root community on a simple aesthetic issue

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am running Weatherbug ver 2.4.449 on Bugless Beast 0.4 and unfortunately my notification panel alert/updates are still in black font text. I have checked out all the settings and don't see any way to adjust.

I am running a smoked glass theme (thanks to Alm0614 for the help) and all of the other notifications in the panel (Screebl, Locale, Touchdown, VVM) are in white except for this Weatherbug one. Frustrating. . .

alm0614

Reaction score
hey there Wahoo.. It seems like me(and most of the community) are stuck on this. I really dont get why weatherbug's wont change when I have changed the XML's to make everything else change.. frustrating to say the least..

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well maybe it's just something in roberj's theme then that allows the text to be white - either that or sapphire's settings, b/c the text was able to be changed to white while running sapphire 1.0 with the alternate dark theme...

interesting!

emueller2001

Reaction score
I'm running Ultimate Droid 5.0.1, stock theme and I've got the same problem. It is annoying for sure.

--Erik