LG Rolls Out A Fix For G4 TouchScreen Issues.. Sorta

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The LG G4 is one of the best phones of 2015! It has a great camera and is super fast. In a recent speed test that I did it opened up many apps faster than the Galaxy S6 Edge. The fact that it has a removable battery and expandable storage makes it the only option for some of you who are upgrading devices. While it is a great phone, and can compete with all other flagships currently available it is not without its flaws.

Many users have been complaining of some lag especially when multitasking and switching back and forth between open apps. This can be particularly annoying especially when you consider it is running a hexacore processor. That's more cores than my MacBook pro has for crying out loud! Some users have suggested toggling the "Force GPU Rendering" and turning off the multiwindow feature can help. I personally have not experienced this lag on my G4.

Another big issue that many of you have been complaining about is occasional missed taps where the touchscreen doesn't register your taps. A youtube video uploaded a few days ago demonstrates this problem, and you can clearly see it is a flaw and not a user error. When this was brought to the attention of Buzz Jenson, Head of marketing for LG USA, he mentioned that there was an OTA released that was supposed to fix the issue. What he meant to say is that the LG Keyboard was updated via LG Apps. This means that touchscreen issues outside of the keyboard remain. Hopefully we will see a full fix for this soon.

via XDA

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
And that's why I wait awhile to get the latest and greatest. No matter how much in-house testing they do, there will always be some bugs that won't get noticed until your product is out in the market. Besides, waiting awhile means getting it for a cheaper price too. :p

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since not all have the lag, that, to me once again, points to fragmentation. LG should post a reward to the developer that finds which aftermarket app, service or carrier skin is at the root of it.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The biggest screen issue I'm seeing is that it will turn on without tapping. An example is sometimes when I go to put it in my purse the screen will come on and even unlock. I have noticed the missed taps as well but figured that was user error ;-)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The biggest screen issue I'm seeing is that it will turn on without tapping. An example is sometimes when I go to put it in my purse the screen will come on and even unlock. I have noticed the missed taps as well but figured that was user error ;-)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
My Note4 is like that after lollipop. It's like ultra sensitivity is turned on. I wear my shirts loosely tucked and if my shirt touches my back or menu button while the phone is in front of me and I'm sitting it causes them to do their activity. I've also got a lot more false negatives with touches as well. It animates like it registered but doesn't do the action in quite a few apps since lollipop.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see the update. I don't have it turn on randomly but the knock screen sometimes just doesn't work to wake it up. Otherwise no problems.