Liberty 2.0 to Liberty GB .8 Halp Please

sewerraccoon

Reaction score
So, title basically says it all, I'm currently on Liberty 2.0 on my Droid X and I would like to get some gingerbread goodness in the form of .8. I'm trying to patch together a picture of what I need to do to accomplish this, but I'm having some trouble. Do I need to go to OTA gingerbread then update from there? I also keep hearing about SBF'ing to a rooted gingerbread, but I've never SBF'd before and I'm not sure what kind of changes that would entail over using an update.zip from clockwork recovery. Any help is greatly appreciated :hail:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay, here goes.

What you'll need (google these if you don't have/can't find them):
1. z4root.1.3.0.apk
2. Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap v1.0.0.3.apk (Note the Droid 2, not Droid X.)
3. RSD Lite 4.9
4. VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf
5. TBH's 2-part Rooted GB .596 (You'll find these here: http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...-5-596-release-thread-something-everyone.html - find File Part 1 and File Part 2.)
6. Liberty GB 0.8
7. --A 100% CHARGED BATTERY.--

1. Copy the apk files, TBH zips and Liberty 0.8 to your SD card.
2. Install RSD Lite 4.9 on your PC (Windows only. If you don't have Windows, let us know.)
3. Put your phone in bootloader mode by turning it off then holding down volume down + camera button + power until you see white text on black background. (You might have to release after a few seconds and click the power button once really quickly to get the screen to come up.)
4. Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
5. Run RSD Lite 4.9.
6. Select your phone (it's the only item in the table), then select ... to choose the SBF file you downloaded, then click Start. Wait for your phone to reboot.
-- Problems: 1. If your phone doesn't show up in RSD Lite, let us know. 2. Your phone may get stuck in a boot loop. If it does, hold down the home key to get into stock recovery then wipe data/factory reset. If your phone gets to this point, the SBF was successful whether RSD Lite tells you it was or not.
7. Don't activate your phone. Press the 4 corners of the screen from the top left clockwise (bottom corners ABOVE the on-screen buttons) to skip activation.
8. Enable unknown sources in applications
9. Install and run z4 Root, should reboot your phone. If it doesn't do it yourself.
10. Install Droid 2 Bootstrap, then Bootstrap Recovery, then Reboot Recovery. Phone should reboot into clockwork mod.
11. Install Part 1 of TBH's rooted GB, then Part 2, then LGB 0.8.
12. Wipe data/factory reset.

Reboot and you should be good. Somebody pls. let me know if I missed anything as this was all off the top of my head. :)

This should be a bit clearer. :)

Last edited:
OP
S

sewerraccoon

Reaction score
Awesome Kasey. Appreciate the relpy. May wait until someone else chimes in just to make sure you didn't forget anything in your instructions :wink:

Reaction score
That's a good idea. I'll be following those instructions myself soon. I'm on LGB .6 but I like to start from nothing whenever I install a new ROM. I'm hoping LGB 1.0 comes out soon. :)

Beka27

Reaction score
Only thing, D2 BS did not work for me until after I installed the .596 TBH files and rebooted. After sbfing and rooting you're still on 2.2 froyo. Give D2 a try, but if it doesn't work, use DX BS.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums