MailTime Now Available For Android

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
8ve3XzwEmwdSLJw-ZrgRT8FwVU6q1lhgD0vODO8duxwFjz24V4Mw3Q-fPVSL9cvq_w=h900-rw

With more than 1 million downloads and rated IOS Best of 2015, MailTime is now available for Android users.

MailTime makes email as easy as text messaging. MailTime reformats your cluttered email threads into clean chat bubbles!
Email message anyone with an email address on MailTime and send photos, documents and even voice messages right from your phone. We sync all your emails and intelligently prioritize conversational emails from others such as newsletters so you can easily manage on the go.

MailTime works with your favorite email services: Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo, Outlook, IMAP Mail, AOL, Microsoft Office 365, Hotmail, MSN, Mail.ru, QQ, 163, 126, Google Apps Mail and more! You can add multiple accounts on MailTime if you like!

The messages are displayed in bubbles similar to Messenger messages but MailTime eliminates any unnecessary metadata.

With the likes of Whatsapp, LINE and Facebook Messenger, some may have (prematurely) predicted the death of email.

MailTime however, brings a whole new approach to email and sits nicely in the middle ground between email and instant messaging.

------------
Features

“Message” Your Email:
MailTime cuts out annoying clutters to display emails in clean bubbles, just like text-messaging! View your emails as conversations, not threads! When needed, you can always toggle between MailTime and traditional email interface with a simple tap.

Communicate:
MailTime sorts all your email messages into Chats and Newsletters based on your email behaviors. It prioritizes emails from friends, so you can focus on communication rather than organization.

Group Chats:
Email conversations in MailTime are just like a group chat. You can easily add, or remove participants with a couple of clicks.

Voice Email Messages:
Record and send voice messages on the go when you want to send something quickly without typing.

Too Long; Didn't Read:
Similar to Twitter’s 140-character limit, MailTime alerts you if your message is too long. You can still send them, but there is no guarantee that they'll be read!

------------
FAQ

“Does my friend need to download MailTime app to chat with me?”

No. All your friends need is an email address. MailTime is a messenger which leverages email as its platform. Whatever clients or softwares your friends are using, they can still send emails to you via your email address. MailTime syncs all your desktop emails, and presents them in a mobile-friendly messaging style.

“What does it look like to someone who doesn't have the app?”

No change. To non-MailTime users, messages appear as normal emails. If you'd like to view the original email within MailTime, simply tap on the chat bubbles.

“How do I compose a new message?”

Look for the "Write" icon at the top right corner of the screen, tap that, select your recipients, and write in the bubbles. Or you can start a quick chat by clicking a friend from the Contact Lists in the app.

------------
Media

Fox:
"A great productivity app for you to think about in your daily business."

LifeHacker:
"Mailtime puts what we love about SMS in an email client."

Forbes:
"Group email is a disaster. MailTime did a great job making it into a group chat which people are more comfortable with."

TechCrunch:
"MailTime is different...It makes emails more manageable, easier to read, and quicker to respond to."

------------
As featured in Forbes, Business Insider, CNBC, LifeHacker, Fox, and TC Disrupt Startup Battlefield 2014.

We love emails (as long as we are using MailTime)! Talk to us anytime by clicking the “Write to MailTime Team” button or send an email to [email protected]

Additional Image below..

Play Store

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
JD1L_Z0oVQf07znFmthDM-tRPrnD4bRpOy_e39kQihVeBjOUrMo8MmblqhXHnxl2cA=h310-rw
tJl0I9IK2wyQAY8isMckwCDzrAO8nFwGkL7eisqDgEQtzxDTZB8Bfk2exbOlzJMRUAE=h310-rw
XV-v5Bp2--57yKKmZcIrszv7jed8gBGN6gwZsFtiHYA50CawpFHAXeDoC1PzVPrZ9A=h310-rw

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well I'll give it a try...
;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, I've installed it and added Gmail only, however I DO like the conversation style for email. In fact, seeing my emails in "texting" style I now know why texting became popular so quickly. It's actually a LOT easier than email style reading and writing. :)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm not convinced. Email is email to me. Maybe I'll give it a try, but I like that reading emails is different.

Anyone know how it handles group emails?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm not a fan of bubble style for texting as it is. I prefer hangouts on the PC over my phone. I prefer e-mail over hangouts. ...Have I become that old guy thats unwilling to change in my ways. :eek:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I actually really like conversation view for texting. There, it makes sense. Maybe it's how I use the two different forms of communication, but I'm much more likely to have a string of a conversation via text than email, so I like not having to go back and see what was said. Just scrolling makes sense to me there.

As for email, I like the way the gmail app handles conversations. The whole thread is there, but collapsed, so I can tap to see previous emails in the thread, but they're not all listed out like texts. Idk. Maybe I'm crazy and would love this approach to email, but I feel like I won't.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm not a fan of bubble style for texting as it is. I prefer hangouts on the PC over my phone. I prefer e-mail over hangouts. ...Have I become that old guy thats unwilling to change in my ways. :eek:

Just because you don't like every new thing doesn't mean you're old. :D

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I actually really like conversation view for texting. There, it makes sense. Maybe it's how I use the two different forms of communication, but I'm much more likely to have a string of a conversation via text than email, so I like not having to go back and see what was said. Just scrolling makes sense to me there.

As for email, I like the way the gmail app handles conversations. The whole thread is there, but collapsed, so I can tap to see previous emails in the thread, but they're not all listed out like texts. Idk. Maybe I'm crazy and would love this approach to email, but I feel like I won't.
You know, it's interesting how each of us has our own little reasons for liking or disliking a certain app or feature. I personally can't stand email the way Gmail handles it, with the previous emails collapsed. I find myself digging through the earlier emails to see what the particulars of the conversation were. It's frustrating for me because I have to keep opening them one after another until I find the one or ones that I want to help me get back on track.

With Mailtime, the "thread" is there, in a true conversation style and it's very easy to backtrack. My only wish is that it could display longer emails rather than having to open them up ("View Full Message"), to view the full email. The reason I dislike it is because it takes you out of Mailtime and to the actual email. It just feels like a jerry-rig workaround to a problem and it feels cumbersome and uncomfortable. I understand why they did that. It's intention is to keep the conversation flowing in the visible screen, and to promote shorter emails, however when it's the other person's reply there isn't anything the client can do to promote shorter replies from them, only those I respond with.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I like the swipe left to delete feature. I have deleted the wrong email using apps that require you to select the thread then tap the trash can. This seems to fix that issue....

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You know, it's interesting how each of us has our own little reasons for liking or disliking a certain app or feature. I personally can't stand email the way Gmail handles it, with the previous emails collapsed. I find myself digging through the earlier emails to see what the particulars of the conversation were. It's frustrating for me because I have to keep opening them one after another until I find the one or ones that I want to help me get back on track.
I suppose it has a lot to do with how we each use it in our own way. I like having the rest of the convo out of my way until I need it, but I really don't get into many very long conversations. Some of our group threads as a board can tend to get a little long, but a lot of times, we resort to group texting in response to an email, so I get that conversation view any way.

I like the swipe left to delete feature. I have deleted the wrong email using apps that require you to select the thread then tap the trash can. This seems to fix that issue....
You know you can do that with the gmail app, right?

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I suppose it has a lot to do with how we each use it in our own way. I like having the rest of the convo out of my way until I need it, but I really don't get into many very long conversations. Some of our group threads as a board can tend to get a little long, but a lot of times, we resort to group texting in response to an email, so I get that conversation view any way.

You know you can do that with the gmail app, right?
Nope.... When I swipe left in gmail it archives does not delete

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Nope.... When I swipe left in gmail it archives does not delete
Do you ever archive emails on purpose? There's a setting for whether the default action is to archive or delete. I always switch it to delete. That way, I can delete junk emails from my watch/notification shade without ever having to fully open them.

If you change that setting, the archive button on the notification changes to delete and swiping right deletes as well.

EDIT: Swiping right OR left will delete once the setting is changed. I just double checked to see if swiping left does anything different.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, you can do that in Gmail (archive or delete) as well as Moto's email app. Thought it was pretty standard...
It's not obvious in Gmail until you change an option:

Settings > Change ARCHIVE AND DELETE actions to SHOW DELETE ONLY
SWIPE TO ARCHIVE changes to SWIPE TO DELETE