milestone bad accuracy with google navigation?

ragenrok

Reaction score
I just got a milestone and tried out the google navigation, it pegged me int he right city like 4 seconds which is good, but then proceeded to say its only accurate to 5000m and said I was on the edge of town, when i was in fact in the center as a store, is there a way to improve accuracy? does it get better when you go into big cities?

Can i change the tracker or something? Does it help if I leave the maps on quicker? I only left it open for about 15 seconds, someone said that the gps tracker is very slow, is there a way to change it? im planning on rooting this phone very soon so let me know.

edit: if it helps its a canadian milestone on telus.

It is not the Milestone, it is the Google Maps that are inaccurate and there is NOTHING you can do about it until Google make it more precise.

Do you have a Telus Milestone?

read this:
GPS Satellite Aquisition/Lock very slow on Milestone - Android Forums

It should be pretty fast. My Google maps locks within 15 seconds... hahaha

seen this post just before you posted it lol. did the changes and wow, awsome difference, i turn my gps off during the day with the gps on/off app (just shortcut to the gps on/off setting page) and after turning gps on and going to google maps, takes it about 2-3 seconds to get a lock now. Way better than the 10-15 with the old settings.

Over all very happy, google maps is a bit off on some places in my town but thats like that on the normal google maps to, its a problem with google maps and not the phone (when I type in say tim hortons it has the place marked about 2 blocks away from where it should be) but most places are 100% fine. Its bound to happen when you live in a smaller city though, cant expect 100% accuracy.

Do you have a Telus Milestone?

read this:
GPS Satellite Aquisition/Lock very slow on Milestone - Android Forums

It should be pretty fast. My Google maps locks within 15 seconds... hahaha

seen this post just before you posted it lol. did the changes and wow, awsome difference, i turn my gps off during the day with the gps on/off app (just shortcut to the gps on/off setting page) and after turning gps on and going to google maps, takes it about 2-3 seconds to get a lock now. Way better than the 10-15 with the old settings.

Over all very happy, google maps is a bit off on some places in my town but thats like that on the normal google maps to, its a problem with google maps and not the phone (when I type in say tim hortons it has the place marked about 2 blocks away from where it should be) but most places are 100% fine. Its bound to happen when you live in a smaller city though, cant expect 100% accuracy.

Yeah, the Telus thing really screwed my Milestone up. My Nexus one WITHOUT SIM locked faster than my Milestone with a SIM. In fact my Milestone could not even lock indoors at my gf's apartment. When Is tarted driving it took 5 min to lock on. Wow. Yeah. This change is night and day. LOL. Glad you fixed it.

Back