[MOD] Custom Lockrings for sense.

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Alright, I need to know how to do this... the video by jmaher is good, but what other resources did you use? I have the m10 editor, but it isn't doing what the tutorial I found it with said it should... I am trying to edit Bamf's Sense 3.5, so that may be the issue... would you mind hookin a brother up with the threads you used?? Not really trying to completely theme for release, really just doing it for personal use for now.

Honestly I just used jmaher video. I use paint.net for editing or photoshop. Im not near a comp so I can't share links. Is it in the right format? .png? I think that's the format. Ill be more than happy to go through a walk through with you if you want but it would have to be after 10pm est. Im at work till then.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Yea .png is the format... In the m10 it decompiled but didn't show me any previews in the right pane like it said it would, that's why I'm stumped. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find what he used, I was able to find the youtube where he talks about "a thread" but doesn't have any links in the video description like I would think he would, just gotta find that kit lol.

sadly 10p is too late for me. I'll let you know if I find something tho, I appreciate the offer! and the rings look good too, used to love Halo! lol

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
His kit is on xda. Try using gimp or paint.net. then just resize it. Flip it. And save as a new .png. that's what I did.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Thanks. I've got the image software, just need to decompile it so I get the original image out to manipulate it. I'll do a search on XDA. thanks!

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Oh are you just taking one of these files and changing the image?? If you are it won't work. You have to do it from scratch. You have to copy the imagine to different folders and stuff.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Yea I realized that once APKmanager failed to show me the images... Sense is so much more complicated to dig in to and change around lol... If I don't fingure it out I'll just use on that you've made lol.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If ya figure it out bazar6 let me know bro. Have a girly request for you....for the wife.

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
If ya figure it out bazar6 let me know bro. Have a girly request for you....for the wife.

Oh I see how it is come into my thread and ask someone else for a request :p im just kidding man.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Have you tried this on Bamf's Soab with Sense 3.5? I had no luck, didn't give me a lock ring at all, just a plain screen lol.

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Have you tried this on Bamf's Soab with Sense 3.5? I had no luck, didn't give me a lock ring at all, just a plain screen lol.

No I havn't. I don't use my Tbolt since I got a bionic now, but I still have it. If you send me the link for the rom I can put it on my tbolt and try to figure it out.