More issues with ICS.

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Well, I unfortunately I updated to ICS and do not like the outcome at all. Today I tried to fdrs back to back and now I've even less functionality than before. Lost voice search, it's listed in the manage apps lineup but not in the app drawer so I can't add to any home screen. I don't seem to be able hide any app in the drawer as before, NFL crap and such. Before on keyboard, I could press the up arrow set the caps lock,it no longer works. Also, to make a correction you could just tap the error and a pop up arrow would pop up and you could control it precisely to make the correction, this no longer works accurately. The arrow just jumps all over the screen and I can't control it anymore. After doing the double fdr I've lost all of my settings for beautiful Widgets, I can't even figure out how get a clock back on the screen, nothing. It doesn't make any sense. When I first got the phone new I simply logged into my Gmail account and every thing was there. I need a clock that I can see well. The blue text is almost illegible. I've not seen any benefits to ICS at all. Handcent doesn't work as well, I cannot receive pictures anymore. I just wish I had not updated at all. It ran perfectly before while on GB. Now, its worse than my droid 1 ever was. It's no longer smooth when panning through web, home or app drawer pages, it's now very jerky and seems like it takes a bit to come into focus. I've not dropped or damaged my phone. It seems like Ics is the defect that my phone is experiencing. Is there a easy way to get my phone back to pre-fdr status? Even typing this is painful, I type the words before thaey appear on screen.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The issues you are experiencing are not normal. I am running ICS and it's fast, everything works, and I love it.

There is no easy to go back to Gingerbread, so we have to get you working normally on ICS. First thing i would do is wipe the cache partition. You do that from the recovery menu. If that doesn't solve your phone's issues, it may require one more FDR. Clearing cache seems to bear the greatest fruit.

Also, I'd give serious consideration to flashing version .215,. As it's the best so far and far better than .211, or .214. See the stickie for it here ( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=217843
MattyP's .215 Leak Classroom ).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Ok, I'll give that a try. I thought the fdr would clear the catch as well. Perhaps 215 would. Be my best bet unless it is better to wait for the official ota drop of it? Thanks for your help and anymore you can offer.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

SallyC

Reaction score
Well, I unfortunately I updated to ICS and do not like the outcome at all. Today I tried to fdrs back to back and now I've even less functionality than before. Lost voice search, it's listed in the manage apps lineup but not in the app drawer so I can't add to any home screen. I don't seem to be able hide any app in the drawer as before, NFL crap and such. Before on keyboard, I could press the up arrow set the caps lock,it no longer works. Also, to make a correction you could just tap the error and a pop up arrow would pop up and you could control it precisely to make the correction, this no longer works accurately. The arrow just jumps all over the screen and I can't control it anymore. After doing the double fdr I've lost all of my settings for beautiful Widgets, I can't even figure out how get a clock back on the screen, nothing. It doesn't make any sense. When I first got the phone new I simply logged into my Gmail account and every thing was there. I need a clock that I can see well. The blue text is almost illegible. I've not seen any benefits to ICS at all. Handcent doesn't work as well, I cannot receive pictures anymore. I just wish I had not updated at all. It ran perfectly before while on GB. Now, its worse than my droid 1 ever was. It's no longer smooth when panning through web, home or app drawer pages, it's now very jerky and seems like it takes a bit to come into focus. I've not dropped or damaged my phone. It seems like Ics is the defect that my phone is experiencing. Is there a easy way to get my phone back to pre-fdr status? Even typing this is painful, I type the words before thaey appear on screen.

Sorry you're having such a rough start. A couple of things that might help.

For Voice Search shortcut:
  1. Download QuickShortcutMaker at Play
  2. Click the Activities tab
  3. In the Input keyword to filter box put: Voice
  4. Select Voice Search
  5. Try it out (there's a few Voice Search options, I think you'll want the 2nd one) and/or rename it or just click OK
For removing "NFL crap",
  1. Menu>Settings>Apps>All
  2. I believe you can uninstall it there. I did that with a number of apps I didn't want.
For correction suggestions:
  1. Double-touch it (tap twice, quickly). Swype shows a small menu of other word options.
  2. Swype might also show a menu if it can’t guess your word.
I know that's not all your issues, but hopefully it's a start.

eirigance

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
The issues you are experiencing are not normal. I am running ICS and it's fast, everything works, and I love it.

There is no easy to go back to Gingerbread, so we have to get you working normally on ICS. First thing i would do is wipe the cache partition. You do that from the recovery menu. If that doesn't solve your phone's issues, it may require one more FDR. Clearing cache seems to bear the greatest fruit.

Also, I'd give serious consideration to flashing version .215,. As it's the best so far and far better than .211, or .214. See the stickie for it here ( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=217843
MattyP's .215 Leak Classroom ).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This worked amazingly well. I have been plagued with issues since the ics update. Thank you so much for this info.

View attachment 53412

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Is it reccomended to remove the SD card when doing an FDR or cache wipe? I don't want to lose any movies, music or pictures during the process.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I'm planning to do do the 215 upgrade as soon as I put some juice in my battery. Should I do an fdr after or before this upgrade and then a cache wipe? Or, am I just letting this whole thing drive me crazy? I just want a great stable phone like before as on GB? Oh again do I need to remve the SD card before doing a FDR and or cache wipe? If I need to remove it, could I not just move the 215 zip right to my SD card with a card reader or something like that? Would it be easier once its out of the Defender case? I might be going over board again.

I'm liked!!!! WooHoo!
I feel like Steve Martin in the "Jerk" when he found himself in the phonebook
"I'M SOMEBODY"

Thanks to all

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Is it reccomended to remove the SD card when doing an FDR or cache wipe? I don't want to lose any movies, music or pictures during the process.

I'm planning to do do the 215 upgrade as soon as I put some juice in my battery. Should I do an fdr after or before this upgrade and then a cache wipe? Or, am I just letting this whole thing drive me crazy? I just want a great stable phone like before as on GB? Oh again do I need to remve the SD card before doing a FDR and or cache wipe? If I need to remove it, could I not just move the 215 zip right to my SD card with a card reader or something like that? Would it be easier once its out of the Defender case? I might be going over board again.

Hi EA Droyd. for recent question #1, it is not necessary to remove your sd card but it is safest to just in case you select the wrong choice when doing the fdr... so yes, I would definitely recommend to remove it.

Question # 2. I am not sure if doing the wipe and fdr is better befor or after and I am not sure if anyone would know for certain which is better. I sometimes do one before and after... which is what I did for the initial ICS OTA update. When I installed the .215 leak, I did the fdr's and wipes three times in a row, just to make sure my phone was squeeky clean.

For putting the .215 file on your external sd card, I found it ieasiest to download it directly to my phone and then I moved it from the folder it downloaded to, to the sd card. Once you have the .215 on your sd card (make sure it is not in any folders on the sd card), then you can turn your phone off, take your card out of your phone and do the fdr's and wipes from the recovery menu, then put the card back in and proceed to install the .215.

Matty or FoxKat, please chime in if I got anything wrong.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I did it!! It(215) was much easier than I thought it would be. I've got my fingers crossed that this is the answer to my problems. I did wipe the cache and did a FDR before and twice again afterwards. I'll chime back in to let you know how it worked out either here or on MattyP's sticky.
:hail::hail: Thanks to ALL who lent their knowlege and experience to help me and others in the same boat!!

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Congratulations E. A.! Me too... hope this helps fix everything you need... or most everything!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums