Motorola XPRT fails to activate, can't bypass it

patrickkst

Hello everyone,

I've got a motorola XPRT that is almost similar to the droid pro.
After a hard reset I can not bypass the CDMA activation anymore (I'm in europe at the moment)
So the phone is completely bricked for me at the moment....

Since there are no files (update.zip, sbf, etc) available for the xprt I'm hoping for some help over here.
Can anyone try to help me bypassing this file or to reflash the firmware so hopefully I can bypass it?

Thanks in advantage!!!

phelbore

I'm in the USA, but on Verizon's "extended network" and when I dialed *228 to activate, I got a message from Alltel saying my phone didn't belong on their network. 4 hours later, when tech support opened, the Verizon tech told me to call *22899, and it worked fine, try that.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

OP
P

patrickkst

Unfortunally I can not even bypass the activation program that is call hands free activation. It is looping al the time... Here is a video to make things more clear:
[video=youtube;6q4vy4gQPhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q4vy4gQPhw[/video]

phelbore

That's odd, after a factory reset I get a screen that has a button for "Emergency Dial" (which is how I activated) or a giant android logo that says touch here to begin. By hard reset did you mean the factory reset from recovery mode ( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-pro/117652-how-do-you-boot-into-recovery-mode.html)? You'll lose everything not on your sd card, but there's the off chance of unbricking it. Also, maybe remove your sim card and try again?

OP
P

patrickkst

Yes the hard rest I did was from the recovery menu. I also wiped the SD card just to be sure there was nothing on it that affects the activation. Still the same problem...
I don't see the emergency dial button, or the droid. I'm completely stuck on the activation program from sprint.. :(

phelbore

My only guess would be to reset again. My droid pro comes with a sim card in it, and defaults to global mode when that's in. If your XPRT has a sim, pull it, sacrifice a chicken to the gods of 3g and hope for the best!

OP
P

patrickkst

I already use the simcard, did several hard reset, battery pull outs and cache clears... But still no luck. So I'm hoping someone can provide me an update.zip or sbf file.

ksc123

Using Root Explorer to remove the two files to avoid the hands free activation

system/app

SprintOMADMConnMOPlugin.apk
SprintOMADMConnMoPlugin.odex