Moving contacts

Alchemist945

Reaction score
On my dinc how do I make my phone contacts move to Google I have 125 phone and only 40 Google my wifey d2 had them all in Google and when she had to upgrade her phone Google transfured all to new phone mine just put the40 in help me lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

stoddern

Reaction score
Did you try synchronizing your contacts? Goto contact list hit menu select backup.

OP
Alchemist945

Alchemist945

Reaction score
I have tried that and it don't work only other way I'm thinking deleting all my contacts and resounding them

Pineapple95

Reaction score
There's no easy way to change a contact from Phone to Google. But there is a way to export the contacts and then import them as Google. Open the phonebook, select Menu, select Import/Export, select Export to SD Card, select Phone. All of your "Phone" contacts will be copied to your SD card. Now to import the contacts select Menu, select Import/Export, select Import from SD Card, then select Google. All of your contacts will be imported under Google. Last step is to delete the "Phone" contacts so you don't have duplicates under both "Phone" and "Google". Select Menu, select View, uncheck Google and select Done, select Menu, select Delete, select all of the Phone contacts and select Delete.

dymndback

Reaction score
All of my wife's contacts transfered, but the actual phone #'s were in the notes section of the contact file and not in the actual phone number field. Had to copy and paste for each contact. It sucked, but now all her contacts are backed up to her google acct and she doesn't have to worry about backup assistant freezing up her phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Try downloading lookout. After downloading, go sign up at their website, then backup your contacts. It will backup all your contacts to the website. Be sure to back it up all again before you get a new phone, or when you get a new contact. After being it up once, once you click on backup again,, it will just update. And you'll only have to go to the website to sign up, abcs to move em on to your new phone when you get one. Good luck

The most incredible, incredible!

djzodiac

Reaction score
I am thankfully migrating to a HTC very soon, is there an easy simple way to migrate my contacts from the Citrus to my new phone without pulling teeth?