Need help with "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped."

broncopower1

Reaction score
So I was on the stock ICS update from verizon when I decided to slap a new rom on my phone. I went about to downloading the Team Venom ViperRez 1.0.3 rom From here> [ROM][07.18.12]Team Venom presents:ViperRez 1.0.3-The most innovative Sense Rom ever! - xda-developers But idiotic me wiped every single bit of information off of my phone and the sd card. Luckily I had a copy of my nandroid backup on my pc. So anyways... I followed the instructions on this page http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound-development/205839-guide-unlocking-rooting-roming-faq.html to flash Amon Ra, and this new rom I downloaded. But now everytime I reboot my phone, I cant do anything because of the "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" error keeps popping up every second. Did I do something wrong? Please help.

kpoker

Reaction score
I have also been having this problem (dont recall updating) but over the last 2 weeks I keep getting this android.process.media popping up everytime I am using phone. Its very annoying.

acejavelin

Reaction score
I have also been having this problem (dont recall updating) but over the last 2 weeks I keep getting this android.process.media popping up everytime I am using phone. Its very annoying.
Are you stock, or running a custom ROM?

If stock, my first thought would be a factory reset, and if the problem continues reflash the stock ICS RUU. If all that fails, there is most likely a hardware issue and the unit will need to be replaced.

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Reflash the boot.img from your backup with fast boot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

kpoker

Reaction score
no idea how to do that. Just went to verizon today and they said to do a factory reset. Havent done it yet- think it saves all my pics and texts but removes all my apps? Have to figure out what apps I have so I can load them back on

OP
B

broncopower1

Reaction score
I figured mine out. I forgot to wipe the cache and dalvik cache in the recovery menu. You should try that.

jrracinfan

Reaction score
no idea how to do that. Just went to verizon today and they said to do a factory reset. Havent done it yet- think it saves all my pics and texts but removes all my apps? Have to figure out what apps I have so I can load them back on

Hold vol- + power connect to a pc then take the boot.img from the Rom you're on. Then type fastboot flash boot boot.img.

This is all dependent on if you properly followed a tutorial to get adb/fastboot in path.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2