Need Major Help! DroidX Stuck At Welcome Touch!

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Droid X and haven't had it for that long. When I got my Droid X it had just the 2.1 update so I updated it to 2.2. Everything was working fine. I then rooted my 2.2 and it worked great! Today though, I was trying to update the superuser.apk and really messed up big time : ( when I was trying to update it, it messed up my root only apps and then I went farther and then my phone rebooted on its own(It does this anyways sometimes before all of this) and it stayed at the Eye going back and forth, so I was worried and did a factory reset and everything went great as I thought... But now I'm stuck at the Welcome To DroidX Touch blah blah and when I touch it it doesn't work!

What I need to know is since I did a factory reset, did it erase the trace of being rooted so I could return it? And if you have any idea how to help me get passed this that'd be great as well.

Note:When I was on root I did remove blockbuster.apk and some others such as, kindle.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hi Angel. :welcome: to the forum. Please only use one thread to post a problem. Cross posting is a no no in here. In the future if you feel you aren't getting the help you need you have two options: 1) Give it a :bump: or 2) Report it and ask a mod to move it to a different area. I left this in the rescue squad as I feel you'll get quicker help (once someone wakes up:D). Thanks and I hope you get it all worked out.

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't know lol....I'm sooo worried..

I got passed the welcome screen by doing the bypass touches, but then it has a pop-up saying Force close wizard. Then I restart and now I'm stuck on the eye.... I'm trying to do a sbf boot(not really sure how this works) I'm trying to get my 2.1 back so at least I can have a phone idc about root atm : ( could someone help me understand this ( Droid X ) I'm using windows..
Or if there's an easier way to fix this cuz I know it needs a fresh 2.1 because I deleted some files like I said before... : /

Note:Every time I get stuck at the eye, I do a factory reset and it takes me back to the none touching welcoming screen again....

I did the sbf load and please manually start up your phone so I did I took out the battery and restarted it and wiped it now it's stuck at the eye...
GOT IT EVERYTHING IS BACK TO 2.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!

Last edited:
OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Okay, I now have my Droidx2.2 rooted once more, but before I rooted, and I powered up my phone. I noticed that it takes longer to load now since I did that sbf flash in boot loader mode. Should this be happening? It stays on the M sign for about 20-30seconds then on the eye for 11-18seconds. Everything else is working at the same speed as it use to though... I don't know what's wrong : / Anyone know?

Also when I rooted my phone and got to ./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin thing it took a very long time(10minutes+) so I did what the guide said exit and continue onto the next step... But I'm passed that as I said above I was just wondering why it didn't do it because the first time I rooted it it worked fine it only took 10seconds lol...

Last edited: