NetFront ? New and interesting home screen

tomsyco

Reaction score
Anybody see this new home app? The UI is far different from the usual home screen apps. The main screen is a ring of apps with pop ups of information such as facebook updates and your bookmarks and whatnot. Apps come up on a cube that you can roll around. It looks like it could be promising if they streamline it a bit.

Here's the story:
Home Replacement App: NetFront Life Screen - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its a little choppy on my d2 as well but my main complaint is no custom wallpapers? I must be missing something.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
T

tomsyco

Reaction score
Yeah it seems like thats what people have been complaining about the most

scott craft

Reaction score
I just downloaded it. Looks pretty neat. I'll have to play with it tomorrow to see how I like it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

brando56894

Reaction score
I tested it out and its a cool idea, but there needs to be a few changes: 1. more spaces in the circle 2. allow folders in the circle 3. display widgets of selected program 4. allow removal of all programs (wtf is that mixi thing?) 5. custom wall papers

if it has that, then this will be a great replacement IMO

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I ran this on my OC'd D1 (@1ghz) and it ran fine... initial launch was slow but it ran without any major hiccups.

I immediately uninstalled however....

- Need to be able to remove items from the wheel. Too much bloatware in it (ie Twitter, Mixi, RSS etc)

- ability for custom wallpapers

- ability to add folders to wheel

- maybe more icons on the wheel, over all not too bad if I could edit what's on there (two spots to customize? meh...)

the cube for the app draw is pretty sweet however, ran great on my device and looks sharp.

with refinement this UI could be a keeper for me... but needs works.

Home replacements need to be as customizable as possible, this one is hardly that. The look is great, but the options stink.