New Leak Suggest 2 Variants Of The 4th Gen Moto G and Specs!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Lenovo is expected to release the next generation Moto G at an event coming up on May 17. Today a leak confirms that the next gen Moto G will include two variants. Likely we will see a lower cost version and a normal priced version. The new leak confirms the lower end model will feature 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 13mp camera with autofocus. The higher end version will feature 3GB of ram, 32GB of storage, and a 16mp camera. The devices will be called Moto G4 and G Plus. Other specs include Snapdragon 430, 1080p display, and 3000mah battery.

This is shaping up to be a decent midrange device, although one could argue that the Chinese phones are getting so cheap that the big dogs like Lenovo need to step up their game. We are seeing flagship level phones release for $300.

via winfuture.de

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I was contemplating the Elephone Downey if I jump off VZW. Price is outstanding for a phone looking like a Note5-esque clone.
8 core, 4GB Ram, 32GB w/ MicroSD. 5.5" 2K. Display. 4000mAh battery. For ~$300
Personally looks To be far superior to the new Motos.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
At first I was kind of interested, because in the past this was a "right-size" phone...but then I see it's 5.5" display. Sigh.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
At first I was kind of interested, because in the past this was a "right-size" phone...but then I see it's 5.5" display. Sigh.
Is 5.5" too big or too small? Just curious.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Its strange Cause i always thought the Galaxy Mega 6.3 was too big. I was used to the Note 2 & Note 5. I got a Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Signed it up with Ringplus Service and actually Like the Size. I wish the Resolution was Better. I welcome a 6.3" 2K Screen now. Now 7" not likely, lol.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Is 5.5" too big or too small? Just curious.

Looking for something more like 4.7" (which is the size I thought the original Moto G's were)...maybe a bit bigger if it has really slim bezels.

I thought the smaller mid-tier phones would eventually get sufficient specs as flaghships went into overkill territory....I guess I just didn't expect that to include bigger screens!