New Sandwich download

ltcalex

Reaction score
I have copied the medthod of downloading the new sandwich for RAZR "at your own risk". Please note saving your contacts to your external drive (SD). Everyone's thoughts.
    • Backup all your applications using ASTRO File Manager. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup for the same.
    • Back up all contacts to SD Card.
    • Disable Anti virus and other security apps
    Download the ICS zip file.
  1. Copy the zip file to the root of your SD Card. The reason you should copy it to the root of your SD Card is that you will not need to search for it when you are in the recovery mode. Also, do not extract the contents of the zip file, copy it as downloaded to your SD Card.
  2. Boot your phone into recovery, you can do that using the RazrBootstrap application.
  3. Select “Install .zip from SD Card” and select the zip file you had downloaded in Step 1.
  4. The zip file will be flashed.
  5. Select “Reboot system now”.
In this way you can install ICS on Motorola RAZR. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below
icon_smile.gif

Last edited:

Redbeaver

Reaction score
oh wow! and its even the XT910 GSM version!

gotta try this on my Canadian Rogers phone when i get home......

filename: Blur_Version.651.167.20.XT910.Retail.en.EU.zip

hmmm EU... wonder if it works from Brazil.en ROM.... wonder if i screw up sth i can just RSD Lite the Brazil one again lol

current: 651.73.250.XT910.Brasil.en.BR

Last edited:

Redbeaver

Reaction score
it says EARLY BUILD, so dont use it as ur daily ROM........

.......but who cares. LOL

(as long as i can safely return back :()

Redbeaver

Reaction score
just FYI, from
EternityProject Development Forums • [GSM] EternityProject's OTAs -- Android Ice Cream Sandwich : EternityProject Releases - Page 4
this doesn't work on Brazil ROM (like mine). so Kholk said.....

I'm about to release the EternityProject's ICS Stock ROM: you won't need to install multiple OTAs and it will be available for BRAZIL devices too.

Releasing it in a few minutes.

Releasing it in 44 minutes.

It is like the official Motorola one. Well we can say it actually is.

It's only a package that will make you to be PREROOTED and a little tweaked for performance, it also should allow BR devices (unsure) to run ICS without any problem and with it you won't need to go through multiple OTA and Fastboot flashes to get on ICS.

i'm refreshing it every 10 minutes :D

UPDATE: he posted that "44 min" on Feb 1st! LOL <i got trolled>

so i'll stay and wait until that one's out and ready.

Last edited:

razrlen

Reaction score
I use 2.3.6.
651.167.19 Retain.en.EU
Can I put this and does everything works ?

OP
ltcalex

ltcalex

Reaction score
I am not an engineer or develper, so I don't know. I do know that sometimes whenm you preload an application that has been "leaked" and tweaks or total delelopment not applied to a new application, it can play havoc with your computer or smartphone. Speaking as a certified educator.

OP
ltcalex

ltcalex

Reaction score
More particulars on this update

"Looking at the details Verizon provided for the software, 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US., it looks like the promised changes (PDF) are meant to address minor bugs. Still, I'm sure Maxx and Razr lovers will take it and run. Most importantly, the update fixes hot-spot Web connectivity issues and shores up security. Verizon also says swapping to and from airplane mode is smoother plus battery life will be longer when using Phone Book Access Profile (BPAP) Bluetooth headsets. Thankfully our test Droid Razr Maxx test unit already had the new software installed. Perhaps that's why the device managed to squeeze jaw-dropping longevity out of its ultrapowerful 3,300mAh battery. Verizon also provides instructions on how to perform the update yourself in case it isn't pushed out to your device over the air."

Read more: Verizon readies software update for Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr | Dialed In - CNET Blogs :biggrin: