Noob question about going from one ROM to another

mswierse

Reaction score
I currently use Titanium backup and nandroid backups prior to doing anything to my phone. If I flash a new ROM, either a newer Liberty version our a totally different one, pitas there an ready way to get my phone set back up quickly with all my programs and data... Maybe even the layout of my desktop?

I don't think I can just restore everything due to system files that I don't want to restore.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can use a different launcher and restore backups of homescreens. It just wont restore widgets

Boot Manager

OP
mswierse

mswierse

Reaction score
Thanks! I use GO and just looked in the settings and created a backup.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I currently use Titanium backup and nandroid backups prior to doing anything to my phone. If I flash a new ROM, either a newer Liberty version our a totally different one, pitas there an ready way to get my phone set back up quickly with all my programs and data... Maybe even the layout of my desktop?

I don't think I can just restore everything due to system files that I don't want to restore.

My apps have been reinstalling automatically lately. It's been getting the paid and free apps installed at almost 100%.

As for app settings, I have been using Titanium Backup to restore only the app data. That way I can have all my Favorites and their login data back in Tapatalk immediately. I do not use it to restore anything else - just data to a few apps.

Good luck.

OP
mswierse

mswierse

Reaction score
My apps have been reinstalling automatically lately. It's been getting the paid and free apps installed at almost 100%.

As for app settings, I have been using Titanium Backup to restore only the app data. That way I can have all my Favorites and their login data back in Tapatalk immediately. I do not use it to restore anything else - just data to a few apps.

Good luck.

My apps don't seem to install themselves ever... hum.

How do you restore only data... The only option I have is restore app or restore app+ data

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My apps don't seem to install themselves ever... hum.

How do you restore only data... The only option I have is restore app or restore app+ data

As to the apps reinstalling automatically, you have to have the Backup and Restore blocks checked in the Privacy setting menu. Also, when the phone is going through the initial setup, after having installed a new rom, you will be given the choice to check some blocks about having save your apps and settings, you have to select those options.

As to Titanium, do you have the paid version? When I tap on Tapatalk, for instance, I get a pop up and then select Restore. Another popup appears and the options are App, App & Data or Data Only.

OP
mswierse

mswierse

Reaction score
As to the apps reinstalling automatically, you have to have the Backup and Restore blocks checked in the Privacy setting menu. Also, when the phone is going through the initial setup, after having installed a new rom, you will be given the choice to check some blocks about having save your apps and settings, you have to select those options.

As to Titanium, do you have the paid version? When I tap on Tapatalk, for instance, I get a pop up and then select Restore. Another popup appears and the options are App, App & Data or Data Only.

That's interesting... I do have those two boxes checked in the Privacy menu... I don't remember the other question while installing the Liberty ROM, but it was my first ROM and I may have not understood what it was asking me lol.

I had an issue when I installed a theme too... it told me I needed Desk Migrate, so I said yes down load it... it didn't do anything????

gsDroid

Reaction score
Do you have the paid version of Titanium Backup? There are many more options available with the paid version. It is worth the cost.

OP
mswierse

mswierse

Reaction score
No I don't, I'll pay for it though... Sounds like it's worth it.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bought it a few days ago. Its way faster

Boot Manager