Not able to boot into recovery?? (clockworkmod)

_Killer_

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to these this stuff.. but 'tech savvy' if you will.. i can follow instructions pretty well..

anyway, here's my problem installed lithiummod yesterday (alternate darkness) lovin it!! haven't had really any problems.. BUT a friend asked me about some memory problems they were having as a non rooted user.. i googled found where the most they can do is clear cache/data to free up space...

So, i went through and was clearing some of mine... and now all of a sudden i can not reboot into recovery.. and i need to to restore a back up... (i cleared laucher pro data and regret doing so because it allowed some icons that i loved.. now i can't get them back without restoring backup and reinstalling the rom..)

the phone itself will reboot and is working fine.. just can't get it into clockworkmod.. i do have rom manager and i have flashed the recovery.. so.. anyways.. please help?

thanks in advance.

foxdog

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to these this stuff.. but 'tech savvy' if you will.. i can follow instructions pretty well..

anyway, here's my problem installed lithiummod yesterday (alternate darkness) lovin it!! haven't had really any problems.. BUT a friend asked me about some memory problems they were having as a non rooted user.. i googled found where the most they can do is clear cache/data to free up space...

So, i went through and was clearing some of mine... and now all of a sudden i can not reboot into recovery.. and i need to to restore a back up... (i cleared laucher pro data and regret doing so because it allowed some icons that i loved.. now i can't get them back without restoring backup and reinstalling the rom..)

the phone itself will reboot and is working fine.. just can't get it into clockworkmod.. i do have rom manager and i have flashed the recovery.. so.. anyways.. please help?

thanks in advance.

its an issue rom manager has, flashing sometimes "brakes" the recovery menu. to fix, go to bottom in main menu of rom manager and install one of the other recoverys, when its done go back up to the top and install clockwork mod recovery, this should give you clockwork that you can boot into again

OP
K

_Killer_

Reaction score
Oh, and it doesn't matter how i try to boot into recovery.. i can try rom manager, holding x and booting up phone, hit power button on phone and choosing reboot into recovery, or in the absolute tools (or whatever the name is.. can't think of it off the top of my head..)

foxdog

Reaction score
foxdog- thanks i will try that.

no problem, also i didnt come up with this fix, it was instructions on rom manager discription.

hmmm, i obviously didn't think to check there.. i assumed it was something i did wrong as opposed to it being a rom manager 'problem'..

yea i like to check out whats up with updates. i think the discription says its fixed but... aparently not

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You may also want to flash one of the older versions of clockwork. Version 2. 0. 1. 3 is much more stable and reliable than the current one. Older versions are available as an option at the bottom of the menu in Rom manager.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

zer0prophet

Reaction score
Alternate fix

You can also reset permissions with Rom Manager. I was running ultimate and was trying to change to kangerade and recieved the same problem. Worked immediately (too bad it didn't fix my camera force close issue - which facilitated the rom swap).

nerdycookies

Reaction score
i was in the mid of installing a rom from using Rom_Manager i downloaded a rom on Rom Manager and i click on backup and also check on wipe data-cache then after it rebooted. i was thinking it was gonna do it all by it self .so i end up reformating -system-data- and i can't get back into clockworkmod only thing i can do now is get into recovery in the stuck in the Android system recovery when i try to apply sdcard.update it says no such files found or directory ? how to i go abouts of restoring the stock rom? i did a full backup before all this but i can't even get it to boot back to home Any Idea"s? of where do go from here! and also i i feel stupid i forgot to put the rom-file i downloaded on to the sdcard and i could not find it so i end up rebooting from clockworkmod_ and lost it there

Last edited:

listenman20

Reaction score
I would think you'd need to pull your sdcard and use a card reader to put the ROM or update of your choice on it. Make sure its named update.zip and on the root of the card. Then place card back in device and flash like you tried to before installing update. If that wont work you'll need to find a guide for rooting your phone and follow most of those steps. This post would probably get more/better answers if posted in general discussion or help squad area.