Not receiving emails/etc while on WiFi

Quacky

Reaction score
Phone: LG G4
Carrier: Verizon

My phone will not receive emails/snapchats/etc while on WiFi. When I turn off WiFi and the phone connects to 4G, the notifications will flood in. I can manually refresh Gmail and emails will come in, it just doesn't happen automatically.

I downloaded a software update on the 11th, but the problem started about a week later.

Any tips?

OP
Q

Quacky

Reaction score
Gmail, but the problem is with any app that would usually give me a notification (snapchat, game notifications, new Google Opinion surveys, etc.). I can send on and off WiFi. This problem started a few days ago.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Have you changed any settings recently?

When was the last time you rebooted the phone?

When was the last time you rebooted your router and/or modem?

OP
Q

Quacky

Reaction score
I don't know if I've changed any settings recently, but if I did it was nothing that should have messed with WiFi or notifications. I rebooted my phone last night, and I have rebooted the router since the problem has started.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Something is missing somewhere. If it was working there is no logical reason it wouldn't still be working.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It almost seems like it is a setting somewhere. Do you use any battery optimizer apps, such as AutomateIt or Tasker? They often have battery saving settings that will stop sync or notifications. I wonder if clearing your cache data partition would help?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
It almost seems like it is a setting somewhere. Do you use any battery optimizer apps, such as AutomateIt or Tasker? They often have battery saving settings that will stop sync or notifications. I wonder if clearing your cache data partition would help?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Great point, but most of those settings work in reverse, get on WiFi only, to conserve data. This is a strange one for sure.

OP
Q

Quacky

Reaction score
I've uninstalled all the apps I had like that (clean master, cm security). And I have tried cleaning my cache.

I guess I can just change the setting to turn WiFi off when the screen is off, but that's not an ideal solution. I'll restart my phone and clear the cache again.

LinkError404

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon LG G4
I am having the same issue on my Verizon LG G4. just my .02, this only started happening after the recent update about 2 weeks ago. I think the update was a preparation for Marshmallow sometime this coming month and i hope this issue is addressed. I'm glad to not be the only one experiencing this issue.

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
My G4 is working just fine.
R U on Verison like linkerror404? I am on Verison and have almost the same problem. When I check email I get a "server temp unavailable" message utill I turnoff WiFi, then it works fine. My problem started with 12A update also. I to am hoping marshmello will fix it.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
R U on Verison like linkerror404? I am on Verison and have almost the same problem. When I check email I get a "server temp unavailable" message utill I turnoff WiFi, then it works fine. My problem started with 12A update also. I to am hoping marshmello will fix it.
I'm on AT&T but I don't feel that being on a different carrier should make much difference in this case.