Official "Pre-Order vs. Day 1 vs. Wait 2 Weeks?" Thead

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pre-order? Buy Day 1? Wait a couple weeks to see the reviews and maybe a price drop?

Which are you going to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

akhi216

Reaction score
Pre-order? Buy Day 1? Wait a couple weeks to see the reviews and maybe a price drop?

Which are you going to do?

I'm gonna wait until it gets ICS before I buy it. If I get it before it gets ICS I won't be able to restrain myself from trying to root it and most likely mess it up due to my lack of experience rooting phones that have a locked bootloader lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

MECHANO

Reaction score
I am going to resist the urge to pre-order... i'm not sure i'll be successful. I really should do a hands-on with the keyboard before i buy.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

LuvMusic

Reaction score
No preorder...maybe release day if I can get my hands on one to check-out. I still may wait until next year, My OG is working fine.

r314bd

Reaction score
I'm gonna wait until it gets ICS before I buy it.
Same here. I will be very tempted to buy on day 1, but there are so many advantages to waiting, namely:
- ICS
- price drop after the holidays
- larger selection of cases/accessories

gunn

Reaction score
Q: Are Verizon stores accepting pre-orders for the Doid 4 yet?

I'm sick of AT&T and my iphone so I'm planning to move over to Verizon and the Droid 4 as soon as it gets released (Nexus Prime is too large and I'd prefer a keyboard over the RAZR). I from my other friends in the Bay Area that network coverage is FAR better with Verizon. Finally, if I decide I don't likek Android, I can always scurry back to Apple if necessary.

-g

Droid X Doug

Reaction score
Q: Are Verizon stores accepting pre-orders for the Doid 4 yet?

I'm sick of AT&T and my iphone so I'm planning to move over to Verizon and the Droid 4 as soon as it gets released (Nexus Prime is too large and I'd prefer a keyboard over the RAZR). I from my other friends in the Bay Area that network coverage is FAR better with Verizon. Finally, if I decide I don't likek Android, I can always scurry back to Apple if necessary.

-g
For that matter, is VZW accepting D4 pre-orders? If pre-orders are being accepted for the D4, that is a well-kept secret. Normally VZW sends me notices of all pre-order events, and it has been quiet on the D4 end.

HutRU01

Reaction score
Wait and buy. I never buy phones when they first come out. I let others be guinea pigs. :biggrin: