OG Droid charger incapable of fully charging the extended battery?

yiannis

Reaction score
So I got the extended battery on Thursday evening and charged it with a charger from radioshack. On Friday I was happy with the performance of my extended battery and felt that it gave a significant advantage over the stock battery. So the Radioshack charger worked. or at least it worked well enough.

During the weekend I was at my partner's house where I left my OG Droid charger. I drained the Bionic full both Friday night and Saturday night and did not interrupt the charge until it reached 100%. That "100%" drained really quickly. One hour of streaming consumed 37% of the extended battery. So I'm now thinking that the OG Droid charger won't really fill up the extended battery.

Any ideas?

I'm using the dock for the Bionic & using the same cable I used in my OG Droid's dock. Not one issue here.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Signal strength plays a big role in battery consumption. If your "normal" battery drain occurred in a different place than your "excessive" battery drain, signal strength would be the prime suspect unless you know that signal strength is similar in both areas.

As far as I know, the chargers for the OG Droid and Bionic are both rated at 850mA.

One thing that i have noticed that my X did not do is once the phone is finished charging, it quits charging. I put my phone on charge overnight, but I had a program that was killing the battery, so when I unplugged it in the morning I was already down to 80%.

The original Droid ac charger is the exact same model and part number and has the exact charging specs as the Bionic ac charger.

Back