Pause button on Bluetooth not working when screen off

SallyC

Reaction score
Curious if anyone else is having this. Recently the pause button on my BT headset (LG HBS-700) stopped working when the screen is off. Doesn't matter which program - Play Music or BeyondPod. The volume buttons work, but the pause won't work until I have the screen on. Kind of a pain. It doesn't have to be unlocked, just screen on.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Just trying to figure out what changed and if it's me or something larger.

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
Okay, I've found something that sheds more light. I'm not techy enough to understand it, but it is interesting so I'll pass it along in case anyone else is having this.

Apparently the pause button works if I turn off the screen with the player paused using the headset. If I am in play mode, turn off the screen and then try and pause it won't work. But if I pause it with the headset, turn off the screen, then I can play and pause.

As long as this is all there is to it, I'm good.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Okay, I've found something that sheds more light. I'm not techy enough to understand it, but it is interesting so I'll pass it along in case anyone else is having this.

Apparently the pause button works if I turn off the screen with the player paused using the headset. If I am in play mode, turn off the screen and then try and pause it won't work. But if I pause it with the headset, turn off the screen, then I can play and pause.

As long as this is all there is to it, I'm good.

Very interesting and some amazing investigative work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
Very interesting and some amazing investigative work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Desperation is the mother of investigation. I knew the pause button worked when the screen was on, and I knew I had paused before with it off. I pretty much ruled out application settings since it happened on multiple ones and I saw nothing that would account for this. So I was down to just a few possibilities.

Mysteriously, after my initial post, it started working again. But I had no clue yet what was done differently. Then serendipity stepped in. While I was listening to a podcasts it paused for an email notification and went back to playing. But now I had lost the ability to pause again. Hmmm....

So it was easy to check from there and figure out what the problem is, even if I don't know why it does it.

Maybe it's just me, or this headset. But if anyone else runs into this problem, maybe this will help.

Tracey4

Reaction score
I had this problem in my car at first, but turning both devices off and reconnecting fixed it. Have you tried repairing with the bluetooth device?

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
I had this problem in my car at first, but turning both devices off and reconnecting fixed it. Have you tried repairing with the bluetooth device?

Yes. One of the first things I did was remove the device then pair it again. As long as I go to screen off with the player paused it works fine though.