Petition to Motorola

Drummynator

Reaction score
They are starting to see a drop in sales already. Cause a lot of people have switched to HTC or Samsung because they unlock their bootloaders, Even people who loved their Droid phones, have switched, even tho they didn't want to not use whichever Droid they had, cause they are great phones, but the unlocked bootloader is worth switching manufactures for. And I really believe moto is starting to see this. So we just gotta keep up the petitions and other things were doing to show them the facts and especially that its in their best interest to unlock the bootloader, it will increase their sells and profits and customer base as well as keep exsisting customers from jumping ship. So as soon as they see all that, they will come around. I have faith in that fact.

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1

Well I hope that they have an unlocked bootloader on a phone by may or june. Maybe they're delaying the droid bionic to unlock it? Not probable but possible. Keep hopes up everyone!

Sent from my Focused DROID X

Reaction score
They are starting to see a drop in sales already. Cause a lot of people have switched to HTC or Samsung because they unlock their bootloaders, Even people who loved their Droid phones, have switched, even tho they didn't want to not use whichever Droid they had, cause they are great phones, but the unlocked bootloader is worth switching manufactures for. And I really believe moto is starting to see this. So we just gotta keep up the petitions and other things were doing to show them the facts and especially that its in their best interest to unlock the bootloader, it will increase their sells and profits and customer base as well as keep exsisting customers from jumping ship. So as soon as they see all that, they will come around. I have faith in that fact.

Well I hope that they have an unlocked bootloader on a phone by may or june. Maybe they're delaying the droid bionic to unlock it? Not probable but possible. Keep hopes up everyone!

I'm hoping that when they decide to unlock the bootloader that there will be a way to make the phones we already own have an unlocked bootloader. Like hopefully thru a software update that will send a new signature to the bootloader and permanently unlock it. But if not, at least the next moto phone I get will be unlocked if they do agree to unlock them from now on. Which like I said, I have a lot of faith that they will! And If they do, then I will be a moto customer for a long time to come. But if they don't do it by the time I am eligable for upgrade again, then HTC here I come. Or maybe even Samsung cause I read an article on Engadget saying that Samsung has agreed to continue to keep their bootloaders unlocked. But they will have to come out with something that is better then the Galaxy S. Cause right now the Glaxay S is an awesome phone from what I've heard and from what I've experienced playing around on my buddies, but HTC has some better ones. And my Droid X is better then all of em in my opinion. Well except the screen. OLED screens are beautiful. That's the only thing (besides the locked bootloader obviously lol) that dissapointed me about the Droid X. But I'm sure Moto will start going with OLED soon. Which speaking off, anyone know what kind of screen the Xoom has?

Last edited:

Drummynator

Reaction score

I'm hoping that when they decide to unlock the bootloader that there will be a way to make the phones we already own have an unlocked bootloader. Like hopefully thru a software update that will send a new signature to the bootloader and permanently unlock it. But if not, at least the next moto phone I get will be unlocked if they do agree to unlock them from now on. Which like I said, I have a lot of faith that they will! And If they do, then I will be a moto customer for a long time to come. But if they don't do it by the time I am eligable for upgrade again, then HTC here I come. Or maybe even Samsung cause I read an article on Engadget saying that Samsung has agreed to continue to keep their bootloaders unlocked. But they will have to come out with something that is better then the Galaxy S. Cause right now the Glaxay S is an awesome phone from what I've heard and from what I've experienced playing around on my buddies, but HTC has some better ones. And my Droid X is better then all of em in my opinion. Well except the screen. OLED screens are beautiful. That's the only thing (besides the locked bootloader obviously lol) that dissapointed me about the Droid X. But I'm sure Moto will start going with OLED soon. Which speaking off, anyone know what kind of screen the Xoom has?

I agree 100%

Nil.Tilala

Reaction score
I contacted a motorola rep and when i asked about when motorola planned on unlocking the bootloader he had no idea. I am seriously beginning to hate motorola. Even when they create a new phone they add a camera but take some ram or add another processor but take away a lot of memory. JUST MAKE A GOOD PHONE!

Drummynator

Reaction score
I contacted a motorola rep and when i asked about when motorola planned on unlocking the bootloader he had no idea. I am seriously beginning to hate motorola. Even when they create a new phone they add a camera but take some ram or add another processor but take away a lot of memory. JUST MAKE A GOOD PHONE!

I also tried to talk to motorola and the person I was talking to didn't know what a boot loader is. I wish I could build my phone like I build my computers.

Natey2

Reaction score
I guess they see root as a bad thing even though it's basically a necessity for linux machines, android being one of them.

Just like large companies don't usually give even software developers the root password (only IT sysadmins have them) to the Linux/Windows machines they use, the Carriers probably see their wireless/data networks as a Corporate resource not to be compromised by individuals with root access.

Maybe if someone listed what exactly they wanted to do, and tried requesting sudo access?

e.g. I want to be able to do nandroid backups without the root password (or rooting the device).
They could allow nandroid to run via sudo?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app