Phone recordings

Alster2005

Reaction score
I tried all the phone recorder apps and goggle voice when I had my old original droid. Nothing worked. Now I have a razr and still no luck. Does anyone out there have a razr and has tried to record phone conversations. I think my best bet at this point is to go to radio shack, buy a digital recorder, and hook it up to my razr. I think that is the only option to obtaining a good two sided cell phone recording.

AcridGosling

Reaction score
I contacted Motorola in regards to this. Per the technician who responded "Motorola phones are specifically designed to not permit call recording. Due to the touchy, high number of variations in laws regarding call recording, we gave decided to physically disable this in our phones in order to prevent possible litigation"

Next time you upgrade, stay away from motorola

Sent from my DROID2 OTA updated .621, non-rooted 2.3.4 :( R.I.P. root access

D

DerrenBrown

Hello friends,

In the telephone network, there are various intercept recordings to inform the caller of a problem that prevents them from completing their call - and the reason. Also, there are many "call progress" information sounds (such as Dial Tone, Ringback, Reorder, etc) to inform the caller of various stages of a call or there is an error that prevents the call from being completed.

Best regards
Derren

recordingmagic

Reaction score
You can use the Auto Call Recorder Pro. You can automatically save calls from a contact and add comment to a recorded call. You can also stop a recording in progress or start recording when a call is in progress.

AcridGosling

Reaction score
You can use the Auto Call Recorder Pro. You can automatically save calls from a contact and add comment to a recorded call. You can also stop a recording in progress or start recording when a call is in progress.

Ummm, as per my original post, the program does not work. It is disabled via hardware.

Sent from my rooted DROID 2! Much thanks to phifc from rootzwiki for the 2.3.4 .621 root!

skidoo

Reaction score
When I had my original Droid, Google Voice's recording feature worked perfectly.

Now I have a Bionic, and Google Voice's recording feature works perfectly.

What sort of problem did you have trying to use Google Voice?

___
Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos.

AcridGosling

Reaction score
Never said anything about Google voice, I have never used it. I was talking about the auto call recorder pro software.

Sent from my rooted DROID 2! Much thanks to phifc from rootzwiki for the 2.3.4 .621 root!

AcridGosling

Reaction score
When I had my original Droid, Google Voice's recording feature worked perfectly.

___

I started some research into Google voice. Seems descent enough. The only thing for me is that it announces the call is being recorded.

The reason I want to record is as follows: my office will tell me 1 thing, do something else, and deny they ever agreed to it. They are the ONLY ones I want to record, but being told "this call is being recorded" completely kills any leverage I would have.

My only thought is that I can spin some line about harassing phone calls so Verizon is recording all calls until we catch this person, but this will only make them be more careful about what they say.

Looks like I'm still screwed
:banghead: :(

D

DerrenBrown

Hi guys

Thank you for suggesting Kate and for appreciating , Different people have very different needs when it comes to recording phone calls. Due to changing technology and working habits becoming more mobile, call recording has become more and more important for cell phones and business phones.

Best regards
Derren Brown

skidoo

Reaction score
...But this will only make them be more careful about what they say.

You've probably considered this, but it sounds as if the Google Voice recording announcement might eliminate the problem going forward.

Would that be enough for you, or does this person need to be caught so he can face some consequences?

If the latter is the case, the only solution I can think of is a splitter, a digital recorder, and some earphones.

___