Please help. Hardcore bricked phone

PHAMOUS MAXIMUS

Reaction score
SO i just finished transferring a file to my sd card via usb i went to turn off usb and something happened and i got the "damaged SD card". I tried to format but to no avail. Also noticed that phone storage said 0.00mb! that feels very bad. I went to reboot and got stuck bootlooping. tried to flashing rom and get stuck everytime with this..

Copying files...
E:Cant chown/mod /data/app
(operation not permitted)
E:Failure at line 9:set_perm_recursive xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Installation aborted

Pretty sure what happened was with any drive thats interrupted while active it breaks the drive. including the internal memory in the phone
I have tried formatting everything i can but still get the same result.

Please help!!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
If your phone turns on or boots into recovery you are NOT bricked.

Do you have a backup? If so, boot into recovery and restore your back up and see if that does not fix it. But before you do that wipe data and cache several times. Also, sound like you may have a bad sd card. Also, which recovery are you using?? (SPRecovery or ClockworkMod).

OP
P

PHAMOUS MAXIMUS

Reaction score
there is nothing on the phone right now. I got another sd card now and put multiple roms on it including the stock 2.2. when i first went to reflash my rom i wiped everything. i think when the problem happened it damaged my Internal phone memory. it starts to flas then i get aborted. and im using clockwork

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
You may want to unroot, do a factory reset (which would hopefully fix the internal memory) then reroot and start fresh.

If you need help with that, follow the guide in my signature for unrooting etc.

OP
P

PHAMOUS MAXIMUS

Reaction score
tried factory reset many times. ive reset and reformatted everything.

ps Roll Tide!

Last edited: