Pls.Help me on how to unlock my HTC Incredible S phone

pcudolphina

Reaction score
My young cousin got a hold of my phone and
tried random pattern to unlock my phone. needless to say, my phone got locked out. I
entered my gmail address and password but failed.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Support - ?HTC Incredible S? - Protecting HTC Incredible S with a screen lock

This page indicates that the Google account name and password should work. If it doesn't you may be forced to do a factory reset.

See below;
[h=2]Forgot your screen lock pattern?[/h]If you’ve forgotten your screen lock pattern, you have up to five attempts to try and unlock HTC Incredible S.If this fails, you can unlock HTC Incredible S by entering your Google Account user name and password.

• On the unlock screen, enter your lock pattern.
  • After the fifth attempt, when you’re asked to wait for 30 seconds, tap OK.
  • If the display goes off, press the POWER button to turn the display back on, and then unlock the screen.
  • Tap the Forgot pattern? button when it appears.
  • Enter your Google Account name and password, and then tap Sign in. You’ll then be asked to create a new screen lock pattern. If you no longer want to do so, tap Cancel.

OP
P

pcudolphina

Reaction score
So my only options now is to reset it.I know it may depends on the unit, but how?

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Support - ?HTC Incredible S? - Resetting HTC Incredible S

Understand, if you do this, everything on the phone will be gone forever. There may be other options out there so let's see if someone else has any suggestions. Don't do this until you've exhausted all other options, or if you don't care about what's on the phone.

If that's the only way to get the phone back into working order, then follow the instructions below.
If you’re passing HTC Incredible S on to someone else or HTC Incredible S has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can perform a factory reset (also called a hard reset).
Warning: Factory reset will permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you’ve downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.

[h=2]Performing a factory reset from settings[/h]
  • From the Home screen, press
    howtoimage.aspx
    , and then tap Settings.
  • Tap Storage > Factory data reset.
  • Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.

[h=2]Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons[/h]If you can’t turn HTC Incredible S on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC Incredible S.

• Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
  • Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
  • Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
  • Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you can get this resolved without the factory reset. DancingNexus

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard and hopefully you have resolved your issue.