Post GB clock problems

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
Since we were forced to take GB, I find that almost every digital clock app doesn't update the time correctly. It only updates the time if you're currently on the page when it updates. I have my clock on my main desktop. If I am on another page, and jump back to the home page, the time it was when I left the home page, is displayed on the clock. When the time advances to the next minute, it will update and correct itself.

EssentialWidget, clock widget, works well at keeping the time right, but FCs frequently.

Does anyone know any digital clock apps that actually work on as DX/DX2 with GB?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I have tried several digital clocks, with unsatifactory results. I am currently using one called ClockQ and it seems to be working well! I am hoping that Motorola gets their act in gear, fixing this screw-up! And all of the others, too!

greycobalt

Reaction score
My friend had this issue on his Thunderbolt. We never figured out, but he had to factory reset and it went away. Hope it doesn't come to that for you. :-x

I use FancyWidget Pro for my home screen clock, and every once in a while the time will be horrifically off and it takes a second or two to reset to standard. Maybe you have an advanced version of whatever is causing that.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Since we were forced to take GB, I find that almost every digital clock app doesn't update the time correctly. It only updates the time if you're currently on the page when it updates. I have my clock on my main desktop. If I am on another page, and jump back to the home page, the time it was when I left the home page, is displayed on the clock. When the time advances to the next minute, it will update and correct itself.

EssentialWidget, clock widget, works well at keeping the time right, but FCs frequently.

Does anyone know any digital clock apps that actually work on as DX/DX2 with GB?

I use the digital clock that comes with beautiful widgets. It cost $$$ but honestly beautiful widgets is worth it.

OP
PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
Have done at least 25 factory resets on 6 phones, and that hasn't helped. It's a GB problem and lots of people are having this problem.

Derrill

Reaction score
Try this. Might work, might not, but worked for me after my clock app exhibited same or similar issues after Gingerbread update.

Go to phone "Settings," select "Date &Time," deselect "Automatic" checkbox (i.e., turns off time server sync).

Now go check and see if everything back to normal re clock. Whether it is or not, now go reselect the "Automatic" checkbox to turn time server sync back on. If your clock app went back to normal after deselecting "Automatic," it should retain after reselecting it again.

If the above works for you, then you may need to use this process again in future as it appears the clock issues also can happen as a result of installing / uninstalling apps.

Good luck!