problem with ads on droid virus?

xochi

Reaction score
I just started getting ads on my droid when i make a call and then again as i end a call. Random pics of robots doing stuff come up on my phone and there is usually is a ad for "zonga games" or "i want mobile tv". Does anyone know what this is and how I get rid of it. Please help

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Sounds like you downloaded an app from the market that's doing that. I've seen tons of them listed stating they display pictures of this and that after a call. Never tried them myself though. just go through your apps and look for it and uninstall.

OP
X

xochi

Reaction score
hey thanks so much I found the app that was the problem, it was for a special camera should of read some of the comments further!!!!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
hey thanks so much I found the app that was the problem, it was for a special camera should of read some of the comments further!!!!
What's the name of the app?... just so others can be informed.

gentlefury

Reaction score
What's the name of the app?... just so others can be informed.

There are HUNDREDS of them! I report them as malicious everytime i see a new one pop up and they seem to pop up in batches of 10 or more at a time!

radshooter

Reaction score
Very newbie question, but how do you know which apps have ads? And if you identify and uninstall the offending app, do the ads quit, or do they already have your number??