Problem with Droid Pro Global use with SIM overseas

MariC

Reaction score
I bought a new droid pro before I went overseas. The Verizon store people assured me that it was fully unlocked and that I wouldn't have any problems using sim cards from different countries... They were wrong!

I am in France and bought an Orange mobicarte and the voice part works. But now, I want to add a month of internet and also check my remaining credit. To do that I have to enter #123#, but it doesn't work!!! It just says "USSD code running." (I also tried #+123#).

I found another thread on this forum, which may have the answer for me (USSD codes not working outside Verizon) It says that Verizon makes it impossible to use USSD codes outside of Verizon. Is this correct?

The people at the Orange store here in Paris had no idea what the problem is. They called their service center, but all I was told over and over again is that American phones won't work with internet in France because the "parameters" (les paramètres) of the internet are different. Does this make sense to anyone???

I am going to be spending several months in Morocco soon. I am worried that I will have the same problem with my droid there as in France. Before I make some angry long distance calls to Verizon and send the phone back to the U.S. to be returned, does anyone know if there is any way to make it work with internet and be able to check my credit with overseas sims?

Any suggestions? I am not very tech savvy, so please explain things simply. Thanks.